Nightmares

A few weeks had went by. Jessica had stayed in Minnesota. She didn't want to go back to New York. She wasn't ready to face everything her and Danny once had. She also didn't want to come home to all of his things, just as he left it, thinking he'd be home again. Luckily, someone was taking over for her at work, there was no rush. She stayed at her mothers house and didn't leave. She slept all day in her room. She refused to eat or go out. Jessica was a whole different person. Her sisters would stop by, Sarah did too. But nothing could really cheer her up. Their company was nice at times, but Jessica usually became irritated with their presence and just wanted to be alone.

As each day went by without Danny, it became more and more painful. Jessica truly hated life. Without Danny she felt like nothing. Not waking up to him in the morning, coming home to him, or being able to hug and kiss him was hard for her. She missed his voice and she missed him.

December-

Dorthy had been very worried about Jessica. She remembers her being the way she was now when Albert had died, but this time is was much worse. Jessica's body was changing quickly from her loss of appetite. She wanted to do something but she wasn't sure what to do. Jessica wouldn't agree to seeing anyone or taking anything.

While Jessica was sleeping, Dorthy was able to go call her doctor.

"... she hasn't eaten in days. I've gotten her to eat small portions a few times, but she just can't. You know what she's been through, I'm just so terrified for her health. But Jessica, she's stubborn. I don't know what to do." Dorthy pleads

The doctor sighs "Dorthy, this has happened before in the past, correct? When Albert died."

"Yes..."

"Jessica refuses medication or treatment?"

"Yes, I don't know why... I'm worried she'll never be okay." Dorthy sighs and rubs her temples.

"I'd like you to try to bring her in. Maybe I can put her on supplements and vitamins so her body can get what it needs. Right now is a tough time for her, she'll be okay, Mrs. Lange."

Dorthy wanted to believe the doctor. It was just hard for her to.

//-//

Sarah had stopped by with Aspen later that day. She made some frequent trips to see Jessica.

The past was put behind them. The falling out was never brought up, ever. Frankly Sarah didn't want to think about it. They had bigger things to worry about.

When Sarah would visit Jessica would talk a bit. Not as much, but more and more each time.

When Jessica lost her father Sarah was with her everyday. She helped Jessica a lot. Sarah was beginning to believe she was helping her again. It all took time.

"Aspen, did you want to see Jessie?" Sarah bounces her daughter on her leg. She had her eyes on Jessica, who sat up still from the bed.

"Do you wanna hold her?" Sarah asks

Jessica shakes her head lightly "No, I'm okay." She mumbles

Sarah nods then looks to Jessica. "Why don't we go out. We can do anything you'd like. We can have a spa day, maybe go shopping, anything." Sarah says with enthusiasm

Jessica slowly gets back into bed. "Sarah, I'm really tired..." Jessica says trying to get Sarah to leave

She knew it was her signal so she got up. "Alright, well you rest and I'll see you soon."

Jessica nods then turns away.

Sarah takes aspen, closes her door, and goes down stairs to see Dorthy.

"How is She? Did you guys talk a lot."

"Barely... Dorthy, this is worse than when Albert died. What do we do?"

Dorthy covers her face and shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know what to do, sarah. I wish I could take the pain away."

"She is so skinny... she isn't well."

"I know, I know... I've been reading, what if I'm 'babying' her too much. Do you think I should start pushing her to get out more? She's just so delicate!"

Sarah didn't know how to answer. This whole situation was tricky.

"I wish I could answer. I'll try to take her out this week." Sarah says

Dorthy nods "thank you, Sarah."

//-//

Later on Jessica had woken up in the middle of the night. She wasn't sleeping well. She had been having nightmares ever since she lost Danny. She had been sleeping so much during the day because of how little she was sleeping at night.

When she woke up an idea had sprung into her head. She quickly got out of bed, but quietly so her mother wouldn't hear her. She went through her drawers trying to find a key that she had. That key was to Danny's house on the lake.

After minutes of searching she finally found it. She grabbed the key and quickly went down the stairs. She didn't take anything with her. Not even her phone or money.

She took Dorthy's car keys and snuck out of the house. It was two in the morning but Jessica didn't care. She just needed to get to that house.

Before she knew it she was in the driveway. She sat in the car staring at it. A few lights had been on. No one was living there at the moment. The renters had left. The only person who went in was the cleaning lady who watched over it while Jessica and Danny were in New York.

Being at the lake brought back a lot of memories. All of the memories and thoughts with Danny had been a lot for Jessica. It was overwhelming. She wanted to go in so desperately but was afraid.

Sooner than later she got the courage to get out of the car and walk up to the front door. She slowly opened the door. It was just as they left it. Everything was perfect. She sighed, hoping that Danny would be there to greet her or be following in after her, but it was just Jessica. All alone in this house.

She walks through it, checking everything out. It had been a while, but it was refreshing. One thing she had noticed was that there was not a single picture. They had to put them away when renting. But Jessica knew where to go.

She went upstairs and grabbed another key to get into the attack. She came across all of Danny's pictures. She took the boxes back downstairs and slowly began unpacking them. She set each picture up in the exact spot they used to be in.

All of their pictures together were in New York. But Danny's high school pictures, sports, and ones with family and friends were in Minnesota. She went around the house putting them all back. It took a while but when she was finished she began to cry. She had surrounded herself with pictures of him. Everywhere she turned she saw his giant smile.

She went back and forth to the attack to get more things to make it feel more like Danny's home, not a renters home. Finally, everything was perfect. But before getting ready to settle in, Jessica found one of Danny's favorite blankets. He always forgot to bring it back to New York. Jessica slowly pulled it out of the box and it smelled just like him. She held it to her face and cried into it.

She wrapped herself in the blanket and slowly went back to Danny's room.

The freshly cleaned sheets laid on top of the king sized bed, waiting for Jessica. She stared at the bed for a moment. Then she got onto her side of the bed, leaving room for where Danny would have slept.

She didn't get on top of the sheets, all she used was his blanket.

Being in the bed her and Danny once shared, just for a short time, put her to sleep. Being in his home put her at ease. She was able to calm down and really feel close to him. She didn't know what it was about his house. It was just so, him.

Before Jessica knew it she was sound asleep. She slept through the night and into the morning for the first time in weeks. And instead of having nightmares, she had dreams, of Danny.

//-//

I hope you're all liking this! I have a big plan coming up, (once again I've had this upcoming idea since I started writing)! Stay tuned!