Take It Easy

"Wow, I didn't think it would be that bad." Jessica chuckles. She had just gotten done with her ECV.

"It was quick and simple. Your little girl is head down now. Two more weeks Mrs. Huston." The doctor smiles cutely.

Jessica tries to sit up but she couldn't. "Could you help me, please?" She says with embarrassment. It was a lot harder for Jessica to get up now.

"Oh yes! Of course, I'm sorry."

He pulls her up and Jessica moves around trying to get comfortable.

"Thanks. I've noticed that I'm slowly becoming immobile." She says

"That's okay, that's usually how it goes towards the end." He smiles

It becomes quite and awkward quickly.

"Well thank you. I'll see you next week."

"Yep! Our last appointment!"

//-//

Jessica wobbles out to her car then heads home. She had been so tired. When she got home she went straight to the couch and put her feet up. Jessica fell into a deep sleep.

//-//

"I can't wait to meet our baby girl, she's going to be so precious just like her beautiful mama." Danny put his head on Jessica's lap and poked around her stomach trying to get the baby to kick.

"Danny, she's not going to be so precious if you make her mad. Stop poking!" Jessica says running her fingers through his curls.

He sits up, not taking his hand off her stomach. "I'm sorry, I just love her so much."

"She loves you too. But she also loves sleep. And I like not feeling little baby feet in my ribs." Jessica smiles

Danny wraps his arms around Jessica and kisses her over and over. "We are going to be the best parents ever. I promise to give my girls everything in the world."

"That's sweet... we are lucky to have you."

Danny jumps up from the couch and spins around in the air.

Jessica gives him a funny look. "What in the world are you doing?" Jessica chuckles

"Jessica! Do you remember spring break of junior year? Our families were both going out of town and we wanted to be together?" He says

Jessica rolls her eyes and nods "Yes, I remember..."

"We said we were both sick to get out of it so we could be together?"

"... because we couldn't handle being apart. Yes, I remember."

"When they were both gone we packed up my old ford truck and just drove somewhere for the week."

"Yes."

"That was the best trip ever." He smiles

"It was... but what's your point?"

"When our little girl goes on spring break we are taking that same route every year."

Jessica chuckles at the idea. "Don't you think she'd enjoy Disney or a beach?"

"No!"

"Oh, okay" she giggles

"She'd enjoy road trips. I know it, she told me."

"She did now?"

Danny nods with confidence. "Yes."

"You're a goof." Jessica says under her breath.