home

we got home pretty late so I didn't even bother to ask mommy for my phone. I went straight to my room and went to sleep. In the middle of the night I was so uncomfortable. I couldn't move so I woke up and Hayley was right up against me. I could never really sleep that well with her in the bed. She was a kicker. So I quietly got up and went downstairs to get something to drink. I fixed myself some Coke Zero and sat on the couch. I heard my phone go off and it was an Instagram notification. It was a comment from Hayden.
"Haydensummerall: check ur DM"
Check my DM's? What could he have possibly texted me. Mommy didn't really want me opening DM's without her permission or her approving of them first but I figured since it was Hayden that she wouldn't mind so, I opened it. It read,
"So hannie huh?😂😅" I didn't know what to say. Did he mean that in a bad way? I felt awful. Kind of.
"Yeahh, its all so crazy." I told the truth. Well, half the truth.
"Are you okay? I mean with all of this, I could see why you wouldn't be." He replied. A smile slowly spread across my face.
"eh, I'm eh😂 how about you? this kind of stuff happens to me a lot so I guess I'm use to it." I slid off the DM and waited for a response. Seconds later a ding rung in my ears.
"I mean I'm okay. Mackenzie though, she's kind of mad and annoyed." My smile quickly faded.
"Oh yeah. I didn't know you guys were dating." I suddenly felt sick. Remembering he liked the same mean and ugly picture that she did.
"I guess we are. I mean we dated before and it didn't really work out. We have kinda been on and off since. So it's all so crazy too. 🤦🏻‍♀️" he replied.
"yeah. I saw where you and her both liked that picture about upgrading lol. to be completely honest, that hurt my feelings. Bad. I thought we were friends." I replied and felt suddenly great for sticking up for myself. Usually Caleb did that for me. But sadly, he wasn't here to do that or to talk me through this. All he could do was watch over me from up above and hope I make the right choices.
"I'm really sorry. I only liked it because Mackenzie liked it. I did it to make her mad. I shouldn't have. I'm sorry. Annie? Hello? Please I'm sorry." DM after DM. I decided to not answer and go to sleep. I figured I could sleep and then deal with it tomorrow. I didn't want any of this. Sure, I could possibly like Hayden but if this is all the baggage that comes with liking him, then no thanks. I'll pass. Just when I thought I could lay down and fall to sleep with a little bit of clarity and peace, I got another DM. But it wasn't from Hayden.