"In a relationship"

As I was finding my way back to mommy and Hayley I felt Hayden come up beside me.
"Hey, I heard what you said to Mackenzie. That was really nice of you." He smiled and grabbed my hand.
"Yeah.." I smiled.
"Did you mean it?"
"Mean what?" My heart stopped
"You said you knew how it felt to be left."
"Oh. I kinda meant it in a different way then she did. Not in a relationship type way.. but with Caleb." I felt tears forming. Oh gosh.
"Hey--im sorry." He hugged me and let me cry into his chest. Oddly, I cried about Caleb at weird times. Some days I'd be perfectly fine, even weeks but then some odd and random day I'd be in tears and distress.
"Thank you for being--you." I grabbed his hand. We walked back to our family and got in the car to head home. Hayden rode back to his house with us. We both sat in the very back together. I didn't really talk as much, because I feared I'd break down and cry again. I didn't talk to mommy and daddy as much either. Hayden did a lot of talking for me. I looked at the sky through the car window and counted as many stars as I could. I wonder how did I get this far? How did we get this far? A couple months ago, I never would've pictured my life to be where it is now. I'm happy and sappy. I miss Caleb all the time but Hayden has filled this giant hole and I couldn't be happier. I'm glad Mackenzie and I have things settled. I really am. My train of thought got interrupted when my phone went off. It was Mackenzie.
Check my insta. ;)
I went to Instagram and looked her up and her bio said "johnny💓"
I smiled to myself. I am now even happier knowing I helped Mackenzie. My life was literally the bumpiest road ever but I wouldn't want to drive down it with any other family, with any other friends and definitely not with any other boyfriend. Hayden is a curly headed cutie that indeed, is mine. 💓