Confrontation

tomorrow was gonna be our last day here. I was sad but also happy to be leaving. I hadn't really talked since yesterday. After the whole Hayden thing. Mommy and daddy kept asking what was wrong I just said nothing. That I didn't feel like talking. Which I don't. If only I could escape my brain.
Daddy was on the phone for a long time. It sounded serious. I got ready to go out for lunch when daddy and mommy came in and told me to sit down that we needed to talk.
"So there's been a rumor going around. You know that. About you and Hayden. Jaydn said last night Mackenzie got very mean with you. She said it was about Hayden." Daddy crossed his arms. So was I in trouble for getting bullied by Mackenzie?
"Well I don't see why Jaydn felt the need to tell you. She laughed when Mackenzie was being mean to me. Everyone did." I shot back. Probably having an attitude. 
"Yes she told us that. She felt really bad and that's why she told us. She told us to tell you she was sorry. But my main concern is, why is Mackenzie being mean? Why is it about hayden?" Mommy added on.
"Because. Mackenzie likes Hayden and he doesn't like her back. She thinks he likes me and that I like him. She's mainly mad because he likes me and not her." I replied and looked at the ground.
"Hayden likes you?" Daddy asked with an eyebrow raised.
"Yeah." I replied shortly and waited to hear them say exactly what I knew they would.
"Well do you like him?" Hayley chimed in.
"Butt out Hayley." I hissed. Mommy smirked.
"Well, do you?" Mommy asked and smiled.
"I don't know. If this is all the stuff that comes with liking him then no. I don't want to deal with Mackenzie all the time. So." My face got hot because I was starting to get upset.
"If she says anything else to you, you let us know. We've blocked her on Instagram and Snapchat. She had no business messaging you or confronting you in person about something that didn't concern her." Daddy told me in his serious voice. I nodded.
"We need to know everything she has said and done so far Annie." Mommy told me with a stern voice so. I told them. Everything. About her dming me, texting me off Hayden's phone and calling. Dming me another time and confronting me yesterday and the day before. It felt good to know that they weren't upset with me for messaging back and sticking up for myself. We went to lunch and of course Hayden and his dad were there. Hayden asked me if he could talk to me for a second, alone. I nodded and we went outside.
"I just want to say I'm sorry. I talked to Mackenzie. She should leave you alone. Not making any promises.. but Annie. I like you. And I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry. Will you give us another chance?" He grabbed my hand and smiled. I stayed quiet for a couple seconds. Contemplating if I should say yes, because it's what I really wanted.
"It's okay. You don't have to be sorry for anything. I shouldn't have said you didn't care. I know you do. Of course, I'll give us another chance." I smiled. I knew I had made the right decision. I have never been so sure of anything in my life. But this decision, I was sure was the right one.