Splash

"Annie, come on we're going to the pool." Mommy yelled as she helped Hayley into her swimsuit. We had spent the week being busy and hanging with friends so we also tried to make some hours family time. We mainly spent it at the pool, which I didn't mind. I put on my swimsuit and parted my hair down the middle and grabbed my sunglasses and phone and flip flops. We headed down to the pool and I saw Jaydn, Jojo and her family, and Hayden and his family. I was frozen. Mommy didn't say they were coming. It was suppose to be family time. I swallowed my fear and walked onto the elevator and waited to hear the ding letting us know that we have arrived at the pool. Once we stepped off the elevator hayley ran into Jojo's arms and they went off together. Hayden came to me. First. I was shocked. All the feelings I had for him kind of faded for a second. He reminded me of Caleb and made me feel safe. He made me feel complete again. Hayden and I sat on the pool chairs and talked and played on our phones. We laughed and cracked jokes and it felt so normal and like we had known each other for years. After a while we noticed everyone was kind of watching us.
"Do you think we're being anti-social?" Hayden asked while raising an eyebrow.
"Well not technically. We're talking to each other aren't we?" I giggled and he tickled me.
"Okay, whoever can make the biggest splash while doing a cannon ball wins." Hayden hopped up. So did I.
"Wins what?" I laughed.
But before he could answer he was explaining the whole thing to Hayley and Jojo and mommy and daddy and everybody else. He went first and then I went. I made sure to give the biggest splash I could give.