Play list

Mommy and daddy said it was time to go so Hayden walked me to the car and five minutes later he left and mommy and daddy and Hayley arrived to the car. I figured. Should I tell them? About Hayden and I. I mean, I wasn't allowed to date. I knew that so, what was going to become of me and Hayden? Were we suppose to just look at each other? I didn't want to bring it up. I didn't want to hear them say I couldn't date him or to leave him alone. Daddy started the car and mommy turned the camera off. My phone buzzed. I didn't check it.
"How was the party annie?" Daddy asked me and look through the mirror.
"It was good." I smiled and looked back out the window.
"Mackenzie told us she saw you and Hayden go off together. What were you two doing?" Mommy asked. In her voice that made me know she was upset.
"Mackenzie told you that? Unbelievable. Hayden and I went to get something to drink." I crossed my arms and started to melt with fury.
"What do you mean? Was Mackenzie telling us out of spite?" Daddy asked.
"Of course. She likes Hayden but Hayden doesn't like her back. And she's been mean and on my case about it ever since." I shot back. I didn't say anything else. I couldn't. I hated that I cried when I got mad. Nobody else said another word. Not about the Hayden thing at least. We got to the hotel and took showers and got into our night clothes. I was beat. I remembered I got a text. It was from Hayden.
"Had the best time with you. 😘" my heart danced to a new beat. But then, I remembered Kenzie told my parents what she told them. I didn't tell Hayden. Not tonight anyways.
"So did I. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. 😘" I hit send and made my way over to Instagram. I was confronting Kenzie.
"So why did you tell my parents that you "saw" Hayden and I go off together? Because you didn't magically see anything. You were watching us the entire night." I hit send waited for her to respond.
"What's the matter? Not allowed to date? I figured that. That's why I told your parents. Don't mess with me. :)" she added a smiley face. Seriously? She had no right to talk to me like that.
"Whatever Mackenzie. Actually, my parents didn't even care. So. You really just looked like a obsessed stalker talking about Hayden and I. Grow up. I thought the other night when we talked on the phone that everything would be okay. Obviously not. You don't scare me." My face was burning with anger. I looked at the clock and it said 10:00. I needed to head to bed since play list was tomorrow and we had to be up early. Kenzie DM'd back. I decided to wait until morning to respond to her. She didn't deserve my time. My precious sleeping time anyways.