crushed, literally

I woke up to two more texts from Hayden. That made three in total that I hadn't answered. I couldn't answer him. he was with Kenzie last night. And probably every night before that. None of this would've mattered or even hurt if we wouldn't have started texting. Or maybe, none of this would've mattered if he hadn't picked me up and hugged me that night like I was his girlfriend. Or like he liked me. He had some part to blame in this. He knew what he was doing. He knew mommy was vlogging. He knew that the fan base would immediately start speculating and assuming. But so did I. I decided to answer Hayden. I opened our messages and read the three un answered ones.
"So what are you doing? How was the family trip?? Hello, Annie??" I fiddled my two thumbs together and decided what I should say. Or if I should even say anything.
"It was good." I replied. Simple and straight forward.
"Hey! Where have you been? Sorry if I blew your phone up!" He replied instantly. Usually, that would make me smile and the tiny butterflies in my stomach would arise but not this time.
"you didn't." I sent back five minutes later. I guess I was replying short and waiting long periods of time to respond so that he would catch the drift that something was wrong.
"so what are you doin?😜" he sent the flirty emoji.
"nothing. u?" I replied back.
"Are you okay..?" The dots. Wow he must care. Sike.
"not really, no." I replied and shut my phone off. I got into my bathing suit, Hayley and I decided to get into the hot tub. We ended the vlog with the question of the day. I had three more texts from Hayden. I guess he really wanted to know what was wrong. But. I just couldn't answer him right now. I didn't understand him. After seeing that picture Kenzie posted of them two, all cuddled up together, it made me wonder. Was he a player?