friends?

"me and Mackenzie are just friends." He responded. He said that and that had literally nothing to do with the text I sent him before. Maybe he just really wants me to know that he was just friends with her and nothing else. I wondered, him and Mackenzie are just friends so, what does that make us? Just friends too? I didn't ask though. Should I have? I don't think so. Maybe knowing now, that him and Mackenzie are just friends, I can chill and relax and have fun texting him and being his friend until and if anything ever does come out of us. Maybe I could post a few cute selfies and musicallys and flirt here and here. Would he catch my drift then? I couldn't exactly just come right out and ask if he liked me or tell him that I maybe sorta possibly liked him. We will be seeing each other in person, in the flesh, in less than a week. What if I told him that I liked him and he told me he only liked me as a friend and then when we see each other's it's totally awkward? I couldn't do that. I'd literally die from embarrassment. Plus, I'd have to admit to my parents that I maybe liked him. He's the first boy I've ever liked. He's my first crush. I guess you could say that. I'm still trying to figure out my feelings but. All in all, he's my first real boy that I've ever showed interest in.