50 Ways to say Goodbye

Harry’s POV

“Don’t leave,”I begged. My hands gripped (Y/N)’s tightly, as my eyes met with hers. “Don’t do this to me.”

She lowered her head, her teeth biting her bottom lip. She started to hug me really tight, like she didn't want to let go. *GIF* I didn't want to let go either. I could hear her sniffling, and I brought my fingers underneath her chin. Smiling, I lifted her head so that she could look at me. I could see the tears lingering in her eyes, and I could feel my heart breaking all over again.

“Harry,” her voice cracked. “I can’t keep doing this.”

I cupped her face in my hands. “Kitten, we can make it through this. Just don’t go.”

“My dad found out, Harry,” she cried. Her arms wrapped around me, and I could feel her face burying itself in my chest. I held her close, rocking her back and forth in a soothing motion. I knew that her dad didn’t approve of me; I also knew he wasn’t beneath hurting me to get me away from his daughter.

“But (Y/N)-”

“No,” she cut off my sentence. “I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

We stared at each other, and I blinked to prevent tears from rolling down my face. I knew this day would happen eventually, but I didn’t think it would happen so soon. I thought we would have more than a couple months to be together. How did he even find out about us?

Without thinking, I gently pressed my lips against hers. Her fingers entangled themselves in my hair as she tugged me closer. I tightly wound my arms around her waist, deepening the kiss. My tongue slipped inside her mouth. I moved slowly, trying to focus on the feeling of her body connected with mine instead of the thought of her leaving. When I pulled away, I rested my forehead against hers, loving the way she still blushed.

“Where are you gonna go?” I asked, biting my lip. “Can I visit you?”

“I don’t think that’s going to work,” she whispered.

We stayed quiet for a moment, and I sighed. “What am I going to tell everyone?”

“Tell them I was run over by a car or I dried up in the desert,” she joked.

I sighed, and (Y/N) stepped away from me, pushing her hair back. I opened my mouth to say goodbye, but she silenced me with a quick peck before disappearing into her car. I watched in shock as she drove away, not moving until her car was long gone.

(Y/N) was my first love, and now she was gone, leaving for “my own good”. What if i didn’t want her to act for my own good? I was fine with being unsafe; I just wanted her. I wanted to spend a thousand lives with her, to have her be dying to love me, but she didn’t want. She wanted to “protect me”?

Angrily, I buried my face in my hands, releasing a frustrating scream. Why couldn’t I just stay with her? Why couldn’t we have kept it hidden longer? Why did she have to say goodbye like that?

There were probably 50 ways to say goodbye, and she chose the most painful way. And I just wanted to relive the moment over and over again.