Please Daddy

Your POV

I leisurely flipped through the channels, settling on the couch when Harry and our 16 year old daughter came storming down the steps. “But dad,” Darcy whinned, following him into the living room, where I just so happened to be sitting.

“But nothing Darcy,” Harryy yelled, crashing down on the couch next to you. “I don’t wanna hear anything else about this.”

I sat back, hoping not to be drawn into this little dispute, but of course that wouldn’t happened. Darcy turned to me. “Mom,” she cried, crossing her arms across her chest.

I sighed, offering her a small smile. “I’ll talk to him,” I added. Satisfied, she turned leaving the us alone.

“Oh so you’ll talk to me,” Harry repeated, clearly still angry from before.

I ran my hands across Harry’s back. “Come on Harry. A belly button piercing is not that bad"

He wouldn’t look at me. “(Y/N) my decision is final,” he growled.

“I seem to recall you thinking different, when I was her age, and I got my own belly button pierced,” I reminded him.

He turned to face me, and I could really see how much this was killing him. “That’s the problem. When you got yours done, I couldn’t keep my hands off you. Think about how many guys will be all over her now. She’s just so young.”

I sighed, running my hand down the side of his face. “I know Harry, but we are gonna have to let her grow up sometime. She’ll always be your little girl, Harry.”

He wrapped his arm around me, and I rested my head on his chest. “Fine, she can get it,” he said, and behind me I heard a shriek of joy.

“You’re welcome,” I called to Darcy, who I knew was listening the whole time.

“I better not see not little boys running around here,” Harry warned. “I don’t wanna have to go to jail.”

Darcy came up behind us, hugging and kissing us both. “Thank you, thank you, thank you,” She squealed. “You guys are the best.”

When she left, I smiled. “What are you smiling at?” Harry asked.

“You know that was nice,” I said. I leaned over kissing him on the cheek.

He tried to hide his smile, but you saw. “Yeah, well. It’s like what you said she is gonna grow up sometime.”