5. Connor Ball Imagine

You wiped a tear that had fallen down your cheek. You tried to pull yourself away from the screen but you just couldn't. It was a terrible idea to log into twitter in the first place but nothing could have prepared you for what was displayed on the screen. Each time you refreshed there was more.

Pages and pages of vicious hate.

The fans had known about you and Connor being official for months now. You had both decided that it would be the best idea to tell the fans about you both soon after you became an item because rumours would be spread and it wouldn't be fair to anybody. Surprisingly everybody seemed to really like you and were incredibly supportive of yours and Connor's relationship. But recently, the fans had not been loving you quite so much.

All you had done was post a photo of you the rest of the boys and that was when everything kick started.

@hater: @y/t/n I'd delete that photo if I were you, wouldn't want Connor seeing how fat you've gotten

@hater: @y/t/n why would you wear THAT outfit when you're surrounded by boys? God you're such a slut

@hater: @y/t/n I don't know what Connor sees in you, you're nothing special, pretty worthless if you ask me

@hater: @y/t/n why don't you do the world a favour and just kill yourself. Nobody would miss you, certainly not Connor

@hater: @y/t/n you're nothing but a whore, we know all about your past, just a little whore

@hater: @y/t/n there's this thing called make up you know, might want to try it one day #justasuggestion

The words spun around in your mind, you could see the words written everywhere you looked, on the screen, on your body, on your walls, on your door, everywhere.

Fat
Slut
Worthless
Kill Yourself
Whore

You felt the walls were closing in and there was no escape, the words echoed in your head. They were all you could hear. Getting louder and louder, louder, louder and louder. You slammed your laptop shut and everything was silent. You could no longer hear the horrible words but they were still sat the front of your mind. Taunting you. You curled into a ball on your bed, wrapped a blanket around you and cried. All you could do was cry, you couldn't move, speak, or even hear. You didn't notice that Connor had come home until you felt the bed dip at the side of you as he sat next to you, stroking your hair soothingly.

"Baby, you don't have to say anything, I've seen it all. Don't worry about anything it's not going to be ignored." Connor whispered softly into your ear.

You took a deep breath and attempted to speak. "Why would they say those things, Connor? Why do they hate me? What if they're right?" You whispered weakly.

"They say those things because they're jealous, y/n, nobody hates you, it's all jealousy, they're jealous of how perfect you are and how much I love you, there is no way on this earth that any of this that they're saying is true, I know that, you know that, they know that, everybody knows that. Never dull your shine for anybody, y/n. Especially not for jealous little girls, because that's all that they are." He took your face in his hands and leaned in. Butterflies erupted in your stomach, even after months he still managed to make you feel weak and nervous. Your lips met and it was perfect. Everything that had been said about you previously drifted out of your mind. None of that was important anymore. All that mattered was that you loved Connor and Connor loved you back.

Connor pulled away from the kiss and looked into your eyes, studying each individual feature of your face. After a few moments of lovingly gazing at one another he spoke again, but this time in his signature Davey Jones alter ego, "Don't let them get to you y/n, everyone knows you're a smash" you let out a slight giggle at him.

"There's that smile I love" he spoke softly before reconnecting his lips to yours. And in that moment you knew everything would be alright.