33: Game Over

"Oppa," You whispered tugging his shirt.
"Hmmm?"
"I'll go home now."
He looked at you. "Already? We can go home together. This won't take long. I'll just talk to m-"
"Ani. I'll go alone. The house is not so far anyway. I'll start cooking dinner. It's getting dark. Take your time and go home when you're done working."
"But I'm the house chef."
"Well, I'm stealing your apron for tonight."
"Pffft. Fine. Be safe!~"
"Bye!"

You walked home alone. Your phone started ringing as you walked.

"Yeoboseyo."
"Y/N-AH! I MET V HERE IN DAEGU! AND GUESS WHAT!" Yujin's fangirling almost deafened you.
"What?"
"HE FUCKING HELD MY HAND! I THINK HE LIKES ME! NO! I THINK HE LOVES ME! HE SAID HIS HYUNGS DECIDED TO CALL IT A DAYOFF SO HE WENT HOME. THEN, HE REMEMBERED I LIVE HERE NOW! AND, WE WENT OUT, HAD LUNCH TOGETHER. IT'S LIKE WE'RE DATING! AND, I FEEL LIKE WE'RE A COUPLE ALREADY! HE'S IN THE COMFORTROOM AND WHEN HE GETS OUT WE'RE GOING SHOPPING!"
"Ok."
"WHAT OK?! Y/N-AH, THIS IS THE START OF OUR RELATIONSHIP! THIS IS NOT JUST OK! THIS IS THE GREATEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME!"
"Eonni, Taehyung oppa is known for his fan service. Of course he treats his friends with more effort."
"NO! I THINK THIS IS IT! MAYBE HE'LL CONFESS LATER!"
"Fine. Fine. Whatever you want. Enjoy your 'date'."
"Will do!~ Bye!~"

You smiled and continued walking. You went straight to the kitchen when you reached the house. You felt so thirsty. You poured water into a drinking glass and turned around. You almost jumped after seeing Yoongi behind you.

"Wae? You look scared."
"I'M NOT SCARED! I'M SHOCKED! Announce your arrival when you get home!"
"What is this? A royal ball? Min Yoongi, king of swag and duke of savagery, has arrived! All hail the king! Like that?"
"Aish. Why are you here anyway?!" You asked him after drinking.
"I think I already told you."
"Eonje?"
"I told you earlier. I miss you." He said.
"Oh! Right. Holly misses you too!" You put the glass in the sink.
"No. I miss Holly too but I was referring to you. I miss you."
"Are you sick or something?"
"There you go again! Can't I say things like that?! Can't I miss you? Can't I say you're pretty? Can't I say I love you? Can't I-"
"Try saying it then." You said.
"Saying what?"
"That you love me."

He just stared at you. You shook your head. You're so pathetic, Y/N-ah. He loves Mina, not you! Mina is a very beautiful and sexy girl! And she probably works in a company that pays millions! You're no match. What the hell are you asking him to say?!

"Come with me." He suddenly grabbed your hand and led you out of the kitchen.
"Eodi?!"
"Stop asking."

He led you out. It's already dark. He brought you to the cottage. Your jaw dropped when you saw the place. It's completely different The floor is full of petals. There are paper lanterns around. There are floating candles on the pond too. There's a table with two chairs in the middle of the cottage. Christmas lights are hanging from the trees like stars.

You looked at him and saw him holding out a bouquet. "What's this?"
"Flowers?"
You laughed at him. "I know! What are these for?!"
"For you. I know we no longer spend much time together so I prepared dinner for us." He said looking away shyly.
"Oh."
"Gaja." He said offering a hand to you.

You took it and let him lead you to the table. The skyline adds up to the atmosphere. The breeze is cold but it feels warm seeing him smile.

"You cooked all these?" You asked him seeing all the food on the table.
"Actually, I cooked a lot because I don't know if you'll like them." He said scratching the back of his head. "Well, just in case, you don't like any of them."

He took out a plate of steamed buns topped with ketchup. You laughed at him upon seeing this. Did he prepare all these?!

"I didn't know you are capable of preparing something like this. I mean, you're not really romantic."
"I thought so too. I guess people change. Or maybe love reveals a side of us we don't know about." He said smiling as he took your hands.
"What are you doing?!"
"You're already having my baby. I don't think I have to ask you if I may have this dance with you."

No music. Slow dance. With Yoongi. The moon shining.

Game over