Story Telling

"Jumin was a kind person despite not knowing what love really was," Jaehee said to her grandchildren as they sat down, waiting for her to continue the story of how her and Jumin fell in love.

"Wait, if he didn't know what love was, then how'd he love you?" Her granddaughter piped up. Jaehee laughed slightly before speaking again.

"I used to ask myself that same question in my younger days. Why would this man choose me? I'd ask that as I would sleep beside him. It was only later in the relationship that I asked him,"

"And what'd he say?" She asked. The other grandchildren groaned as she kept asking questions but Jaehee didn't mind. She loved recalling all the things that led to her and Jumin becoming romantically involved.

"He said he chose me because I was the only one who made him want to do something. I was the only one he wanted to kiss and go on dates with. He had a hard time realizing that though. I was only his assitant before any romance happened, after all,"

"You were his assitant?!"

"Yes. We kept most things professional but as I continued to work for him, we started to share each other's lives. It had gotten to the point where we'd unknowingly started showing weird signs of closeness. We had shared food, we had no sense of personal space, we did a lot of things without realizing it wasn't normal," Jaehee said and then continued. "I had to guide him through most of the relationship, since I was the only real one he had,"

"That meant you had to teach him everything, right?" Her grandson spoke this time. Now if only the third and fourth one would speak.

"That's right. He was even embarrassed to hold my hand at first. It was hard to teach a man what love was but in the end, it lead to your parents and then, eventually, you guys came up," She said. Before anyone could say anything more, Areum came through the door, smiling as she did.

"All right, you all come with me. Yes, even my brother's kids. I'm gonna drop you guys off but mine are stuck with me," She said. "Now, was grandma good?"

"She taught me how to do long division,"

"Most importantly, she taught us about love," The chatty granddaughter said. Areum looked at her mother before speaking.

I miss dad too," Areum said, not needing an answer as she waved goodbye with the kids following her. Jaehee smiled softly before speaking.

"Jumin... I hope you find love again in the next life,"

A/N: I'm not gonna lie. I was a bitch baby at that last sentence.