Baby

Jaehee walked quickly to her office, juggling papers and anything else one could think of all while speaking on the phone with an important business partner. Mr. Han had cancelled the meeting with him at last moment, causing him to become infuriated. Jaehee sighed as she listened to him yell, tuning out the direct insults being thrown at her. She rolled her eyes, thankful this was contact through a phone.

"Sir, Mr. Han is incredibly busy right at the moment and a meeting is something that we simply cannot have. It'd be a very long meeting and, with everything going on, we just don't have time. Mr. Han's schedule is open for Thursday afternoon. Would that be fine?" Jaehee heard a sort silence before he answered with a curt remark.

"Sure, yeah, whatever. Damn kid," He grumbled the last two words under his breath, not intending anyone to hear it. It's not like Jaehee is going to call him out, though.

"I'm incredibly sorry," Jaehee apologized, once again.

"It's not your fault," Oh, if only he knew.... "Just make sure he doesn't cancel the next meeting, alright?"

"Of course, sir. I'll make sure. Then please excuse me," She hung up, letting out a huge sigh of relief before looking behind her, hearing footsteps walking quickly to her before slowing down to walk beside her.

"Come on, Jaehee. We have to go to the appointment. I wanna see our baby," It was so incredibly her fault. An appointment to see an unborn child had won Jumin's time over an important meeting. Jaehee almost chuckled at the idea. Who knew the cold and calculated Jumin Han would have a fatherly attitude to situations like these?

"Alright, alright. Let me set these down and then I'll go. You don't have a choice but to wait for me since I'm the one carrying it," She said, smiling at the man next to her who was trying really hard to contain his excitement.

"I wonder..." He paused, feigning his thought process of what question to ask. Jaehee already knew his question before he even asked it, him having asked the question multiple times before. Does he even remember doing so? "Would it be a boy or a girl?"

"That's what we're to find out. What would you like it to be?" Jaehee asked, searching for an answer from herself, as well. She didn't know what she wanted the gender to be. She never really thought of it. Jumin looked thoughtful too. She supposed he hadn't thought of anything like that either.

"Well... I guess I'd like a daughter. I'd like to have a daughter because, if I do, she'd look exactly like you," Jumin said, smiling and blushing like an idiot. Jaehee would've laughed if she were not blushing herself. It was such a cheesy line that she'd expect more from anyone else in the RFA.

"You do realize your genes will come into play too, right? She'd probably have your nose or eyes or something. Or maybe she'd look more like you and she'd have my nose or eyes. It all depends," She said, trying to contain her own excitement but failing just as miserably as her husband had.

"Yes, I know. I also know that, sooner or later, you're gonna have to stop working during your pregnancy. It's going to hurt you," Jumin warned like he had done many more times before. Jaehee chuckled a little, smiling at his concern for her. It's not like he never was concerned, it's just that he usually showed it in little ways. This, however was a blatant worry that he shared with her. He trusted that she knew when her body had enough but sometimes, he really thinks this woman knows no limit when it comes to working.

"I know. Thank you. If it helps you sleep at night, then I'll finally take my leave soon. I hope you don't crack under the pressure of not having an assitant for a while," She joked, expecting him to pout.

"Well, if I do crack just know that it's because nobody can measure up to you. You are the best assitant I've had. You're also the best wife I've had," Jumin tried to be romantic but made it sound like he had other wives before. Jaehee could only laugh internally at his failed attempt. He was still the Jumin Han she first started working for, who didn't know a thing about love.

"I'm the only wife you've had," Jaehee pointed out, setting her stuff on the desk and making sure they were in neat piles before turning to Jumin. "Alright, let's go. We shouldn't keep the doctor waiting like we kept his Majesty," Jaehee said, a surprising amount of attitude directed at the business man who had previously been on the phone with her.

"Haha, alright. Let's see our son or daughter. I really don't care what it is,"

"Could be an alien," Jaehee remarked.

"Oh, Luciel would just love that, now wouldn't he?" Jumin said, taking Jaehee by her hand and leading her out of the C&R building to make sure she doesn't just continue to work without needing to. He's the CEO-in-line and yet, he can pull away from his work much more easier than Jaehee can from hers. He led Jaehee to the car and let her get in before he did.

"Jumin," She said, grabbing his attention.

"Hm?"

"When our child is born, you're not going to use them as a model or make a project out of them, right?" Jaehee asked, smiling from the entertaining idea but knowing that he would really do so.

"I mean.... I won't make any promises..." Jumin said, ignoring her glare and finally telling Driver Kim where they were going. He also spilled some details about why and started going on and on about his child. Driver Kim nodded politely with a smile on his face and even said some responses back. It was one of those moments where she saw Jumin being animated and passionate about something other than cats. Who knew a child would make that change?

A/N: Sorry for not updating too much! I concentrate on every book I'm in the process of writing so it's kind of hard to even it out T-T