Be My Wife

Jaehee didn't know how, but she ended up wearing a wedding ring, posing as the wife of Jumin Han. She was curious about where she really was, having never been anywhere too fancy since most places like this was off limits to her for just being an assistant. Now, since everyone thought she was his wife, she had access to literally everything. She didn't think they'd really be able to pull it off because posing as a girlfriend was one thing that she could easily do but a wife? She wasn't sure she'd be able to at first but she slipped into the role just as easily. If Zen knew about their little secret, he'd probably call her almost as good an actor as himself. She realized that, while in thought, she had finished the drink she was given and stood on her tip toes, using Jumin's shoulder as leverage to reach his ear.

"Sweetheart, I'm going to get more drink, okay?" She whispered, using another pet name that seemed to become habit for hers, which she scolded herself for later.

"Hurry back, okay?" Jumin said, not giving mind to the name. Jaehee nodded as she walked away from him. She had been walking for a decent amount of time, lost for a moment before she froze, seeing Jumin's father next to the refreshment table. Jaehee really didn't want to explain why she'd be here to her boss' father so she tried to walk back towards Jumin only for Mr. Chairman to notice her.

"Hey!" He said and Jaehee closed her eyes, praying to God he wasn't calling to her. It was too late as she felt a heavy hand touch her shoulder. "I thought I recognized you. Where's my son?" He asked, knowing that she'd know of all the people here.

"You know he's here?"

"That's the whole reason I came!" He said cheerily. "So I-" He suddenly stopped talking and Jaehee looked up curiously. "My, I didn't know you were married," He said, looking at her ring finger that was now clad with a wedding ring as she still was posing as Jumin's wife. Jumin had a matching one and a thought suddenly occurred to her. I can't let Mr. Han get to Jumin... She let out a quiet sigh as she smiled up at Mr. Chairman.

"I'm not married," She said and he looked at her, confused.

"What kind of ring is that then?"

"An engagement ring," Jaehee said, hoping he would not see right through her lie.

"You're engaged? To who?" He asked and Jaehee looked at the ground.

"If I may, I'd like to keep that a secret,"

"I see," He said and Jaehee was relieved he did not push. Thank God... "You know, you would've been the perfect wife,"

"For who?" Jaehee asked, automatically defensive for if he was trying to flirt with her.

"Calm down, I think of you as the daughter I never had," He said, taking a pause before starting his next sentence. "But unlike a daughter, I had seriously considered you as a wife for my son. Of course, it was for a second before I remembered you would've done no good for the company," He said and Jaehee nodded. She couldn't help but agree with him to some extent. He was right that she would do no good to off and marry Jumin. Especially if it was arranged by Mr. Chairman. It would ruin both thier reputations.

"Of course, sir," Jaehee said. It was quiet for a moment before Mr. Chairman laughed a little.

"Ah, I almost forgot the question I asked earlier. Where is my son again?" He asked and Jaehee froze.

"I have no idea, sir. I had left to get refreshments for as long as this conversation had went on. I had not been keeping tabs on him this whole time, forgive me,"

"That's okay, you were not expected to. Oh well, I'll find my son anyways. I hope that you find him too. Lord knows he can't function long without you," He said and a blush came to Jaehee's cheeks as he walked away. He even noticed Jumin was clingy, huh?