Chapter Forty-Two

We entered the restaurant and were seated in the corner, near the window. It was on the top floor of a multi story building, so we could see over the top of London. The sky was gun metal grey and was emptying rain over the city every so often.

"I have something to ask you." Harry declared. I looked up from the menu I was reading and looked him in the eye.

"Okay… go ahead." He had such a serious look on his face my stomach was stirring with nerves and I had to look away. "Have I done something wrong?" I thought.

"Well…you spend a lot of time in the apartment, so I was…um…wondering if you'd like to move in with me?" His voice was shaky with nerves.

My eyes shot back up from the table to meet his. He had a pensive look on his face that made me grin. "I'd love to." I answered. His face immediately shifted into a wide smile that equalled my own. "Will Louis mind?"

"Of course not, he thinks you're great. I'm so excited now. How long will it take you to pack?" He grabbed my hand that was resting on the table and squeezed it.

"Not long" I smiled. "But I'll have to let Bay know, I can't leave until we get someone else to move in and help with bills and stuff." I fiddled with the fork in thought.

"That's not a problem. Niall's asking her to move in with him too. He's mad about her." Harry said.

I looked up in surprise. Bay and Niall had been dating for nearly the same amount of time as Louis and I yet they didn't seem as serious. Bay rarely stayed over Niall's apartment. "Really?"

"Yeah, he was telling me yesterday, he said me talking about asking you made him realize how he wanted things to be with Bay and that he'd ask her as soon as possible."

"That's sweet. I hope she says yes. I want to move in with you as soon as possible." I grinned.

We carried on chatting and planning the move whilst we ate. I had to tell my parents what was happening which I was quite nervous about. I was never really open about relationships with them, it embarrassed me. We left the restaurant and sat on a bench that had dried out as the grey clouds passed over, leaving a crisp sky over head.

"Wish me luck." I sighed as I pulled my phone out of my bag.

Harry squeezed my knee. "It'll be fine! Trust me."

I dialled my parent's home number and waited.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mum, it's me. Is dad with you?"

"Yeah, I'll put the speaker on." A beep echoed through the phone as my mum switched the phone to loud speaker.

"Hey Lilo!" My dad's voice filled my ear, making me smile.

"Hi dad" I started. "I've got some news… Harry has asked me to move in with him…" I looked at Harry and grinned. "…and I said yes."

My mum's reply was instant. "That's wonderful news!" I put my thumb up to Harry, causing him to smile madly and give an exaggerated sigh of relief.

"Isn't it Patrick?" My mum said.

"Yes, I'm very pleased for you Lilo." My dad said, he sounded happy, but not as happy as my mum. "But what about Bay? And your work? It's your last year, you need to focus." Typical, dad would always think of the serious stuff.

"Bay may be about to move in with her boyfriend and if not there's plenty of girls we know that are desperate to move out of the halls. So my spot will be taken quickly and I know dad, I can still work there, I won't get distracted."

"Well as long as Bay isn't left having to pay for two people and you keep up with your work it's fine. I'm happy for you." He said, sounding relieved and happy at the same time.

"I promise."

"We'll have to come and visit you both soon." My mum giggled. I knew she'd be happy. She's a hopeless romantic.

"Yeah, definitely. I'd better go, I'll ring you again later."

"Okay love, congrats! We love you."

"I love you too, bye" I hung up and put my phone away as I sighed. I turned and looked at Harry before speaking. "Dad was worried about the house and Bay, which is a fair point and also that I wont get work done, but I've promised I will, so it'll be fine."

"Yes!" Harry whooped, causing me to laugh and pull him towards me for a hug. He kissed the top of my head and sighed as my hands went under his jacket, against the bare skin of his back. "I can't wait." He said, his breath fluttering my hair.

"Me either." I mumbled into his chest. I pulled away and looked at him.

"And now to tell Bay…"

"OMG!" Bay squealed. I winced, her voice was loud down my ear. To avoid any more pain I pulled the phone away from my ear and put her on loud speaker. "This is amazing! When?"

I looked at Harry and questioned him with my eyes. He shrugged in response. "Um…we don't know yet." That would have to do. I couldn't exactly say "After you agree to move in with Niall once he's asked."

"You're so lucky!"

"I know." I smiled, Louis was perfect.

"Oh god, the time! I have to go, I'll be late for my lecture. I'll see you tomorrow, we're all eating at Liam's aren't we?"

"Yeah, see you then."

"Congrats Lilo. Bye!"

Before I knew it she'd gone. "She seems to be please." Harry chuckled.

"Yeah, just a bit. I wonder how she'll react when Niall asks her."