Chapter Sixty-One:

I sat in front of the mirror and sucked in a deep breath as the woman put the make-up on my eyes. I could hear the chatter of the other people in the room as they got ready together. My hands shook as I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and opened my eyes as I was instructed to. I looked in the mirror and admired my makeup. It was just how I wanted it; subtle and natural looking. My hair had extensions in that looked it was my own. It flowed in soft curls to above my breasts and a small section from each side was pulled around to the back and clipped together.

I fingered the soft material of my fluffy dressing gown for comfort as she fussed around, touching bits up here and there and finishing up. I shakily reached for the glass of water in front of me and took a sip before she put the peachy lipstick on my lips.

"Are you ready to put your dress on yet?" My mom asked as she poked her head around the door.

"Nearly" I met her eyes in the mirror and smiled as I saw her trying not to cry. We'd both been sobbing all morning and were trying to stop. We didn't have long left. "I'll be through in a minute." She blew me a kiss before nodding and leaving again.

After a few more minutes the lady doing my make up finished. "I'm done." She grinned. "You look beautiful." She smiled sweetly before putting away the copious amounts of make up and brushes into her bag. She'd be carrying it around with her all day.

"Thank you." I whispered before sucking in another breath, standing up and entering the other room. Bay, my Mom, and my best friends from home were all wearing their dresses whilst they stood around chatting. They all turned to face me with a gasp.

"Your hair!" Bay gasped. "I've never seen it long, it looks beautiful!" She rushed over to me and pulled me into a hug.

I looked up to find my mom sobbing again, I pulled her into a hug and helped her dab at her makeup before hugging Jemma and Amy. I'd been best friends with them since school, so it was obvious that they'd be here for this.

They all composed themselves as they knew it would make me cry, before telling me once again how nice I looked. "It's time." I smiled nervously.

"You bet." My mom grinned through the fresh tears. "Let's get ready."