Chapter Seventy-Seven:

It was getting dark when I woke up. Someone had draped a blanket over my shoulders. I pulled it tighter around me as I remembered what had happened. I sighed as I sat up and rolled my shoulders to ease the pain that had come from lying in an odd position for so long. Only then did I realize Harry was sat on the red sofa opposite me, just watching. His eyes were red and puffy, like he'd been crying"Probably because he was caught" I thought bitterly. He had shadows under them and he looked so distressed, I wanted to do nothing more than pull him into my arms and make him smile again. Then I remembered what had caused the pain.

"Hi" he whispered, his voice was raw, as though he'd been shouting all day.

I couldn't reply, so I nodded.

"I know you must hate me but please, please just hear me out" he slid forward on the sofa so he was leaning towards me.

"Okay" I whispered. I didn't trust my voice; I was just praying I didn't break down again. Crying didn't suit the most beautiful people in the world, so I'd look like a leaky potato which would definitely push him to another woman.

"I'm not having an affair, honestly. I've never met that woman before in my life; I don't even know her name. We were in the club and she came over to me, grabbed my face and kissed me. I was trying to push her away, not pull her towards me. Honestly Lilo, I love you so much, I'd never cheat on you. Ever." His voice broke on "ever" he looked as though he was going to cry, I couldn't deal with that.

"Nice story. Did it take you all day to think up?" I asked bitterly. I knew I was being harsh, I just couldn't get my head around anything. Nothing made sense. A choked sound came from him. I suddenly regretted what I said. "God, Hazza I'm sorry."

"No, you have every right to be mad. I know what it looks like…but the boys were there. You can ask any of them." He got off the sofa and came to sit next to me. He took my hands in his and held them tightly. "Seriously. I would never dream of cheating on you."

"It's true." Louis said. I looked over my shoulder to find him leaning in the door way to the kitchen. "What he said is true. That's what happened." He turned away then and went back into the kitchen, closing the door behind him. I looked back to Harry and his face was expressionless.

"Oh god Harry. I'm so sorry. I'm so stupid!" I started crying. Great. I was just so relieved that he didn't cheat on me. He pulled me towards him, his hand on the back of my head, his fingers knotting into my hair. "I'm so sorry" I cried into his chest. My tears soaked his white t-shirt.

"You don't need to be sorry. Honestly." He kissed the top of my head and held me tighter. "I'm the one that's sorry. It was stupid."

I pulled away to look him in the eye. "I love you Harry, you know that right?"

He smiled for the first time that night "Yeah, I know. I love you too."

We were back in our apartment, lying on our sofa, I was lying on Harry's chest when I remembered. "I have to go to the doctors tomorrow." I kissed his collar bone.

"What for?" He frowned.

"Some sort of check up I think." I fingered the material at his collar. His hand traced circles on my back.

"Do you want me to come?"

"No, I'll be okay. There shouldn't be a problem."

"If you're sure then." He smiled.

"I'm sure."

I sat down opposite the doctor in the hard, plastic chair. He pulled his glasses out of his pocket and placed them on. "How are we then Lilo? Any changes?"

"I think I'm okay" I smiled. "I don't know if it's to do with, you know, the gun shot and everything, but I haven't…um…had my um…period for a few months." I blushed and looked at the ground as I mentioned it.

"Ah." He looked at the computer and read my notes. "Yeah, it could be to do with stress, but we'll run some tests anyway, I'll take some blood and we should be able to get the results back within a few days." He rummaged around in his draw before getting to business and taking my blood. I nearly fainted looking at the amount he took, but it was over with quickly.

"Do you think it's anything to worry about?" I asked as he stuck a wad of cotton wool over the small puncture hole.

"No, I doubt it. But I'd rather do some tests just to make sure." He scribbled something on a piece of paper before looking back to me. "Now, about the spleen removal. Have you had any bugs, infections or viruses since the procedure?" He tapped his pen against the desk in a gentle rhythm.

"Nope, nothing. Not even a cold."

"That's good. Do you have a store of antibiotics just in case?" He made notes as he spoke.

"Yeah, there are a few bottles in the fridge at home."

"And you know to get specific ones if you ever go away?" he asked.

"Yeah, they told me about it in the hospital." I smiled. "I've got my flu jab booked for October as well. I'm all set."

He smiled as he nodded. "Good good. I think this is us done here for today. I'll send this off as soon as I can and I'll get back to you when we have results."

I picked up my bag and left, smiling at the receptionist as I left. The weather was chilly but sunny, my favorite, as I stepped outside. I headed to my car when I saw a figure leaning against it. It was Harry.

"Um, hey." I smiled, unlocking my car.

"Hey" he grinned. "I was thinking we could go to lunch. Show the world we're still together and stuff. I'm releasing a statement tomorrow telling everyone I'm not cheating, so we should start showing we're still happy." He was rambling on a little. It was cute.

"Sounds like a plan. Hop in sir." I grinned as I slid into the car and started the engine. "Where are we going?"

"Nandos?"

"Typical" I laughed as I pulled out of the parking space.