Chapter 8- Lay me down

"Keep your head down." Adam muttered and kept his head down.

I instantly knew why he kept his head down. It was probably because he didn't want anyone to see us together. God knows how many flashes of cameras and gossips that's gonna create. And the light was brighter and there were more people here than the street we were walking in the last few minutes.

I followed him and kept my head held down.

Adam led me to the basement parking lots without anyone seeing us. We still kept our head down until we reached his black car. He gestured for me to enter it and I did. He closed the door and looked from side to side to check for any people who could be hiding and finally, he went to the other side of the car and entered. I feel like I'm being kidnapped... AGAIN.

He started the car and I told him the directions to my house. And we drove out.

"It must be real hard to always keep your head down." I grinned.

"Yeah, I know." he complained and stretched his neck by rotating his head.

I chuckled.

I feel weak, things get tough...

Sometimes my knees can barely hold me up...

I'm no fool, but it's said...

You gotta walk a mile to get out of my head....

The radio suddenly turned up and I heard a familiar voice. Then I realized...

"Woah, is this you?" I smiled and turned up the volume.

"Yeah." he laughed shyly and kept his eyes on the road.

Lay me down in darkness...

Tell me what you see...

Love is where the heart is...

Show me I'm the one, tell me I'm the one that you need...

"Dude, I love this." I snapped my fingers to the beat. I haven't heard much of his songs but I never thought they were this catchy. I really loved the song immediately.

"Really? I made that with Avicii and Nile Rodgers." he grinned and explained. "It's nice, isn't it?"

"It's awesome." I said genuinely. It was really great.

"Well thank you." he looked at me and nodded his head.

I chuckled and tapped my foot to the beat.

We only drove for a few more minutes because my apartment wasn't really far.

"Just stop there." I pointed to the front of my apartment.

He parked in front of the apartment. It was great that not much cars were around and that the streetlight was a bit dim, so no one would be able to see us.

"So this is goodbye." he frowned.

"You're such a dork. I'm always at the cafe." I assured him.

He laughed and run his fingers through his hair. I didn't know why, but that gesture of his suddenly made my heart skip a beat and my cheeks heat up. I wanted to just open the door and run to my apartment, but I couldn't.

What's happening???

He looked at me with those blue eyes and suddenly, my heart stopped beating.

What the heck is happening to me???

He smiled deviously and leaned forward. My heart started to beat louder and faster and my cheeks were fully red. I guess he saw that. My body stiffened.

"Wh-what are you doing?" I shivered because his face was so close to mine. And I realized how much of a dork I sounded like, shivering.

Man up, Mandy.

Wait...

Woman up, Mandy?

Wha?

My mind went blank.

"What do you think I'm doing?" he chuckled and looked at me deeply.

God, what's happening???

My eyes widened and my cheeks heated up even more.