Chapter 97- Is Adam okay??

I woke up, seeing a bright light in front of me.

Damn, am I dead?

What the heck?

Oh my gosh! Only a bright light!!!!

Am I freaking dead?

No no no!!! I still got dreams!!!

Oh wait, it's just the fluorescent light.

I tried to open my eyes a bit more to see where I was or what was happening? I realized I was lying down on a hospital bed...

I sat up, my whole body aching.

I saw Ashley, sleeping on the couch, her head rested on Tommy's shoulder and Tommy's arm wrapped around her. Yep... Love birds.

Well, Adam and I are like that too so...

WAIT!!! ADAM...

ADAM....

ADAM...

"Adam!" I yelled, mindlessly. I knew he wasn't there but I just gotta see him. Like is he dead? Or is he hurt?

I immediately felt the adrenaline shoot me with energy and my ache faded.

I stood up and realized I was on dextrose.

Shit.

I pulled it, not caring if the needle would bruise me.

"Woah! Woah! Tiger... Easy..." Tommy shot up and ran to me, calming me down.

Ashley stared at me with wide eyes like I was a mental patient.

"Adam..." I tried to break free from Tommy's clutch.

"Woah... Just a second, okay?" Tommy stopped me by placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Is there a problem here?" I heard the door open and saw a doctor in a lab coat look at us with eyes wide. Tommy and I turned our heads to her.

A doctor... Based from my movie marathons, doctors are always reliable. Except for the times when I watch horror movies and the doctor turns out to be a ghost that's ready to kill you or like stab you to death or whatever.

"Is Adam okay?" I said in a somewhat pleading tone.

"Yes, Mandy. Adam's okay. He suffered slightly major injuries but nothing's wrong. He'll just need a few days rest and he'll be back again on his feet." she smiled and walked to me to make me lie down again on the bed.

Her answer somehow lifted a thousand rocks that were place on my heart.

Adam's okay....

Thank god....

"You can see him tomorrow. But as for now, you need to rest, okay?" she gave a concerned smile.

"Okay..." I lied down the bed again, feeling like a three year old kid put to bed by her parents.

"Okay, I'll come again later to check on you again." she smiled and left the room.

When the door closed, I let out a relieved sigh and bounced my head on the pillow.

"Are you okay, Mandy?" Ashley approached me, somehow hesitating.

"Yeah... I guess." I sighed. I didn't know exactly. I mean, I'm happy to know that Adam's still alive. But I really want to see him with my own eyes.

"Look... Mandy, I'm really sorry that I set you up. I'm so so sorry. I was just-" she started apologizing.

"Ashley..." I cut her off. " It's okay. You did it for Tommy. I would've done the same thing. It's alright." I gave a comforting smile to show that I was really not mad.

"Really?" her eyes lit up.

"Yep." I gave a small smile.

She sniffed and smiled widely. Then she attacked me... with a big hug.

"Woah!" I froze.

I'm not the kind of girl who's sweet with all her other girl friends, but the moment was just perfect and I didn't want to be no party pooper. So I hugged her back.

Then I felt my body ache as she hugged me tighter.

"Ow! Ow!" I yelped in pain.

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Ashley shot up and looked at me.

I just chuckled. " It's okay."

"You know, if it makes you feel any better, Ashley was the one who called the police." Tommy crossed his arms and smiled.

"Really?" I smiled in disbelief.

"Yep." she answered enthusiastically.

"Oh my gosh, thanks..." I smiled widely.

"No need to thank me." she smiled "You need to rest. We'll just be outside. Your family is gonna be here in a second. They just went out for a while to buy lunch." she added.

"Okay..." I smiled.

"See you later, tiger." Tommy waved as she opened the door for Ashley.

"See ya!" Ashley smiled and went out the room.

Tommy followed her.