Chapter 13- BFF time

"It's a good thing you have no work today." Alice said as we strolled down the sidewalk.

"Yeah, Mrs. Dixon told me I should take a rest for a while." I added.

We decided to go to the mall for my day-off. It was really nice of Mrs. Dixon to let me rest. I mean, I didn't really need it, but she insisted and said that I've been working myself raw.

We entered the mall and the first thing that came into my mind:

Ahhh.... Aircon.

It was really hot. Probably because it was summer. And I was sweating for the last few blocks that Alice and I walked. She said that I shouldn't mind it because a good and sweaty exercise would be good for me. Well, I'm not planning on exercising. But I decided to follow her anyway.

"Why is it sooo hot?" I complained as we entered one of the clothes shops.

"Well, that's why we have to buy shorts and tank tops today." she giggled.

"Look, I told you I'm saving my money." I rolled my eyes. I'm definitely not shopping for stuff.

"Ugh. It's alright. You received a thousand dollars today, anyway." she flipped her hair and scanned the racks of clothes.

"That's not a good reason." I said with a sure look.

"C'mon. Just one." she pleaded with a cute face.

Yep. She always does that whenever she wants me to do something.

"Fine." I sighed. "Just one."

"Yeah." she grinned and handed me a cute yellow shorts with a pattern of moustaches. "Here."

I rolled my eyes and went to the fitting room.

Once I tried it on, I saw that it was worth the five dollars. It really looked cute on me. Not that I'm bragging, though. I got out of the fitting room and showed Alice. We always do that. It's one of our things. We give each other fashion advises. But from the two of us, she's really the fashionable and in-style one. I only became fashionable because of her.

"You look smoking." she shifted her head and pretended to be a black american woman.

I laughed.

"You are soo not gonna have that packed. Just put it on and we'll pay for it." she suggested.

"What? No." I scoffed.

"C'mon. Just do it." she pleaded.

"No."

"You look really hot." she bribed me.

"That's not gonna work." I chuckled.

"Pleaaase....." she pleaded.

Ugh.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes.

"Yay me!" she giggled.

"I'm gonna try this on. Wait for me." she said and went inside the fitting room with a hanging shirt that had a Minnie mouse pattern.

I decided to pay for the shorts while I waited for her. I tried not to look awkward as I told the cashier that I was gonna wear it already. Luckily, she didn't really say anything and just chuckled. She probably heard mine and Alice's conversation.

Within a minute, Alice got out and showed me.

"Well?" she strutted towards me like a model.

"Per-fect." I crossed my arms and imitated a French fashion designer.

We both laugh.

"I'm gonna wear mine too." she giggled and walked over to the cashier to pay up.

"I'm gonna wait outside." I called out and went out of the shop.

The air con was so much better outside the shops.

"Mandy?" a familiar voice called me.

I turned around and saw...