Chapter 66- Why him?

We went back to the hotel where we were staying. Our flight back home is tomorrow. Luckily, we had different rooms. One fore me and Adam, one for my parents and one for Kent and his family.Even though they have a house here in France, they said it wasn't big enough to accompany all of us.

I knocked on Kent's door room. Lisa answered it.

"Is Kent there?" I asked and peeked a little.

"Oh, yeah. He's at the bedroom." Lisa spoke in her French accent and opened the door for me to enter. Her accent is so cool.

"Kent?" I peeked at their bedroom.

"I'm here." Kent waved his hand and rubbed his eyes. He was sitting at the edge of the bed, a photo album on his lap. I knew what he was doing.

"Looking through pictures?" I sat beside him and smiled.

He sniffed. He was crying. Man, he must really love Peter. I took a gander at the album and I saw that it was Peter's photos. Photos of him playing ball and eating cake.

He handed me the album and drank the glass of water that was on his bedside table.

I scanned it. I saw photos of him and Peter at the cafe where I work, during winter, their picture at some park in France, a picture of Peter's birthday, Peter at school... All that stuff. It's painful just looking through all these stuff.

"Why did it have to be him, Mandy? Why not me? Why him? He's still so young?" Kent sobbed.

I put my arm around him and he leaned on me.

"There's a reason, Kent. There always is." I couldn't say anything else but that.

"Is there? I don't... I don't get it..." he cried, breathing heavily.

And we just sat there, both crying...