Chapter 119- No

"This is too weird of a coincidence if you say that you're not stalking me." I sipped my cold coffee. Dylan suggested that we sit at Starbucks because he said he could hardly stand up from shock that he is my new manager.

I wouldn't blame him. First, I saw him at the radio station back home. Then, I saw him in Hollywood as the gang and I were getting some pizza; also the time when Adam got jealous which was pretty cute' now that I think about it. And third, well...

He's my frickin' manager!

"You can accuse me of anything but all I know is, you are totally crossed off my stalk list." he sipped his Frapuccino.

"But..." I searched for words.

"But what?" he raised an eyebrow.

"But come on! I saw you three times and they were all synchronized." I breathed heavily.

"I don't know." his head was down and he fuzzed up his hair in desperation, making it look messy.

I sighed.

Well, it's obvious he ain't stalking me...

There was silence because neither of us could think of an appropriate interpretation for what has been happening.

I fiddled with the edges of my shorts, uncomfortably.

"Look." he started. "If this can't work; if you're too uncomfortable with having your ex as your manager..."

"... Or if your boyfriend's gonna maul me to death because of this..." he rolled his eyes to express his disgust for Adam's sweetness with me. Then he stood up.

"We can just tell Adam's manager that I can't do this. And I would gladly be the one to get you a decent manager." he gave me a casual shrug. He took out his phone.

"Well.. Let me just call..." he started to dial numbers. And I already knew who he was gonna call.

Before he could press the call button, I stood up and grabbed his hand.

"No!" I interrupted.

" What?" he raised an eyebrow.

"If I reject you as my manager... what are you gonna do then?" I furrowed my eyebrows with concern.

"Well... I guess I'll be going back to being a DJ." he sighed.

"But that's a good thing... right?" I let go of his hand and stood firmly, looking at his avoiding eyes.

"Yeah, of course. It's what I love to do the most. But... my job as a DJ isn't really..." he looked away.

"Stable." he pursed his lips.

"You mean..." I squinted my eyes.

"It's not stable! I can go back to being a radio station DJ at any second. Especially now that people are switching tastes in music." he looked at me.

"And if I accept you?" I asked.

"As to what your boyfriend's manager has said, I'll be your manager. And I can continue making my music. At least, even though people will lose their taste in my music, I'd still have the time and money to catch up with them..." he explained, looking down at his feet every other word.

Dammit... I can reject him right now, right here.

But...

"No." I said firmly.

"What?"

"No." I repeated. " You're not going back to being a simple radio station guy."

I looked into his eyes. "I know you, Dylan. I know that this is your lifelong dream. And I know that if I reject you just because of my selfish reasons, then you'll lose that lifelong dream. And I don't want that." I smiled.

He looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you sure?"

"Yep."

He bit his upper lip and looked at me again. "Seriously?"

"Yes!" I laughed.

"And you're sure your boyfriend won't murder me?" he checked.

"I can tame him." I smirked.

"Okay..." he started to smile.

He chuckled. "Wow."

I smiled, feeling all giddy inside.

"Okay... I love you right now." he place his hands on my shoulders.

"Not... Not in that way though, okay?" he laughed when he realized what he said.

"I get it." I rolled my eyes.

"We... we need to have a celebration, fair one! Tell me, where would you like to be treated? We must have a banquet, a feast for this glorious event!" he spoke in an English accent.

I laughed at how amazingly awesome he could imitate that accent.

"I think a simple corn dog would do, dear knight." I laughed and imitated an English accent as well.

"We are off then!" he raised his arm and pointed at the sky.

We both laughed and walked away.