Chapter 25- Don't go

Adam parked his car in front of the cafe to drop me off. He told me he wanted to drop me off, "for safety reasons". Ugh. I'm a twenty five year old girl. I think I can pretty much go to work by myself without getting hit by a bus. I do it all the time.

"I'll see you later?" I asked before getting out of the car.

"Of course." he said with confidence.

I clicked my seatbelt off and was about to head on, but then Adam blocked the door handle. I looked at him in confusion.

He leaned forward. "Well?"

"Well, what?" I asked with my eyes furrowed.

"Don't I get a kiss?" he spoke in his deep voice. I don't hear that voice of his very often, just when he's trying to seduce me or something.

I faced the ground, smiling and shaking my head in amusement. Seriously, Adam? Well, I guess we are a couple already. Are we? Well, he said he loved me. But he didn't technically ask me to be his girlfriend.

Okay, I'll think about that later.

I gave him a smirk and pulled him in for a kiss. He was surprised at first, then he started to kiss me as well, placing his hand on my face. I ran my fingers through his hair and smiled as we kissed. Man, we've kissed too much in one day. That's a lot.

Okay, you're gonna be late.

Stop.

I followed the nagging voice inside my head and stopped.

I gave him a smirk and he smiled.

"Okay, I need to go." I said and clicked the door handle to open the door.

"Don't go." Adam showed his puppy eyes and grasped my wrist gently.

"Look, it's not like I'm going away for a year. I'll be seeing you later, okay?" I reasoned and got out. If he kisses me one more time, I don't think I would mind not going to work.

"Fine." he shrugged and gave me a smile.

"Bye." I gave a small wave.

"Bye. I'm gonna miss you." he smiled one last time and drove away.

I'll miss you too...

But heck. It's not like I won't be seeing him later.