Chapter 92- A time together

"Adam! Adam! Wake up!" someone shook my whole body.

I opened my eyes a little bit.

Wait, what's happening again? I've been passing out so much that my body needs to refresh every time I wake up. I'm pretty sure passing out so much is not a good thing because my head was throbbing painfully. And the cold cement floor was not helping.

But it felt like my head was rested on something. A pillow? A person's legs maybe?

I looked up to see two beautiful green eyes meet me.

"Adam!" her eyebrows furrowed.

That voice...

"Adam! Are you okay?" she rubbed my face with her thumb.

"Mandy...." my voice was hoarse and searching.

"Adam. Oh my god, what did they do to you?" tears were rushing down her face as she placed her hand on my tummy.

I looked at my stomach to see a big red bruise. I was actually half naked...

Where's my shirt?

"I tried to mend you with stuff I found here but all I could see was ice water and a dirty rag." she gave a comforting smile.

That face...

That smile...

"It's okay." I gave a small smile and tried to sit up.

"Gah!" I felt the shock of the pain that my bruise gave me. Man, that Dan guy really punched me hard.

"Adam, you have to lie down." Mandy's voice was stern but comforting.

"It's okay." I smiled and sat up slowly, balancing the pain from my stomach.

"Here." Mandy moved in front of me and placed a cold rag on my bruise. The coldness of it kinda shook me at first but it kinda took away some of the pain.

"How long have you been here?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I don't know. I kept passing out." she chuckled a bit.

"They've been gone for an hour now. They threw me in here and I just saw you..." a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Well, It's okay. I'm fine now... Because you're here, okay?" I smiled and rubbed the tear from her cheek with my thumb.

"Yeah..." she managed to smile a little.

"But didn't I tell you to stay there in the club?" I raised an eyebrow. But I tried not to sermon her. She's had enough...

"I did." she reasoned out. " But after a few hours, I knew that something was wrong." she frowned like a kid who realized she just ruined her older sister's project... or something like that.

I took a deep breath.

"It's okay." I smiled and wrapped my arm around her, the other one still holding on to the rag.

She suddenly hugged me tightly and cried.

Dang...

I knew that what was happening wasn't my fault, but it felt like it WAS. Maybe I should've just never showed her that I was going to the apartment. I should've just told her I was going to KFC to go get some food or something. Anything.

I should've done anything to keep her from following me....

"Hey, hey. It's okay." I tried to give a comforting chuckle. "I mean, at least we're together, right?"

WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, ADAM?

IT IS NOT GOOD THAT YOU'RE TOGETHER. SHE SHOULD BE AT THAT CLUB, SAFE FROM HARM, STUPID.

Dang, my inside voice is very rude, isn't he?

Mandy looked up at me, tears filling up her eyes.

Hmm.... I never realized her eyes were green. I always thought they were brown or black or something.

I didn't know what else to do so I just kissed her.

(SOUNDTRACK PLAY- If I can't have you by Adam Lambert (Studio version) *CHORUS PART*)

Somehow, that kiss lessened my headache... my stomach pain... and my body lightened.

I could feel myself search for that sweet and soft kiss... After a whole night of blood, harshness and coldness.

I placed my hand on the back of her neck and kissed her some more; not harshly but... just sweet soft kisses.

I bit her lip softly and kissed her more, letting electric shocks flow through my veins, mending my bruises.

Then I let go, breathing heavily and gasping for breath.

I didn't realize it was actually a long kiss.

Mandy smiled and her eyes were wide.

"I think that mended my bruise very well." I grinned.

"Well, I might have a chance of being a doctor someday, then." she joked.

"Maybe. But I won't let you. I'm your only patient." I laughed.

"It's not nice to be territorial." she grinned.

I missed her. I didn't know how long I was away from her. Maybe a night? A day? Two days? A week? I didn't know, but it felt like years to me.

I stared into her beautiful eyes.

And she just smiled at me.

Suddenly, the door bolted open.

Mandy and I both turned around in shock.

"Time's up, hon." Alice walked in the room, smiling deviously.