Chapter 56- The thing is...

"Bye guys!" I waved my hand and so did Adam, as we made our way back to the car.

They all smiled happily... except Kent. He smiled but, it was different. It felt sad. Man, I really hope he's gonna be okay.

Well, probably not, Mandy. His son died. What the heck could be sadder than that for a parent?

Adam opened the passenger's seat door for me and I entered the car. He went around the car and got in as well. Within seconds, Adam was driving away.

I looked out the window.

Well, that dinner was definitely how I thought it would be. I thought it was gonna be a dinner wherein we'll chat and all that stuff. But I knew that we can't. And I didn't want to either. Kent just needs us to be here, like this, for him right now. It's a small sacrifice we can make.

"Are you okay?" Adam held my hand and I faced his blue, comforting eyes.

At least this guy's here to be a comfort.

"Yeah." I gave a sad smile. "I'm sorry about my brother, Adam." I apologized.

He chuckled. "It's alright. It's nice to see he cares for you." he smiled, narrowing his eyes as he explained.

I laughed quietly and stared at the front window.

"Are you sure you don't find my family... cuckoo?" I raised my shoulders and gave a litle smile, avoiding his gaze.

"Well... your brother did seem like he wanted to have me for dinner..." Adam said in a high pitched voice. Well, I saw that coming. "But I love them." he glanced at me.

"Like I said, it's nice to see that they care." he kept short glances at me and the road.

I smiled to myself. When we were at dinner, I was sure that Adam was probably dying to get away from me and from my family. And by family... I mean, my brother... It's real nice that he does care enough for me, but dude, I'M 26. I'm not some little girl who's so innocent about the life and all it's pain. My heart's been broken so many times. It's not gonna be a shocker if Adam did too...

But actually... I think I'd still be shocked... or more likely, pained. REALLY PAINED.

I've never loved anyone like I love Adam. I don't know why exactly. But he just makes me feel like a totally different person when I'm with him.

Adam parked the car in front of the apartment and turned off ignition.

"Do you want me to come with you to France?" Adam leaned his elbow on the seat's head, and faced me.

"Of course!" I exclaimed. Yes! Adam's gonna be with me as I cry my eyes out. And I'm gonna be with my bro as he cries his eyes out... Like a chain reaction. But then I remembered... "But I don't think my brother would buy you a ticket, though." I frowned and looked up at him.

He chuckled. Okay, what the heck's funny about what I said?

"Mandy, I go to tours all the time. I think I can afford France." he grinned.

"But that's the money of your management, right?" I asked. I felt like a kid innocently asking it's parents where babies come from... Yep. Exactly like that. 

"I have my cash too, Mandy." he chuckled like I was really an innocent kid.

"Ohh.. Okay." I answered casually. Now I know.

Then he just stared at me with his blue eyes and smiled... like a creepy maniac. Of course he didn't look like a maniac because he was too hot to actually resemble one.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Do you know how cute you look?" he smiled widely, still staring at me.

"As cute as a rock, yes." I rolled my eyes.

He laughed. "Nope. As cute as a little kid ." he chuckled and leaned forward.

"Seriously?" I grinned and raised an eyebrow.

"Yep." he smiled deviously and leaned forward.

I immediately pulled him in for a kiss. I bited his lips furiously and I could tell that he was shocked because he didn't move. My tongue entered his mouth and I explored every inch of it. I heard him let out a small and quiet moan. Wow, I've never kissed him like that before... or anyone for that matter.

Then I pulled away.

Adam's eyes were wide and his mouth agape.

"The thing is, Adam, I'm not a little kid anymore." I grinned and got out of the car, Adam still frozen.

I wanted to scream. Wow! That was epic!!!

Nope. Don't ruin the coolness of the moment, Mandy.