Chapter 49- It's fine.

"Let me get you water." Alice smiled and went out of the room.

I sobbed continuously. I couldn't stop. But I managed to keep it to a minimum.

"Oh my god, what's wrong?!" Adam came into the room and ran over to me. He immediately wrapped me with his arms, keeping me cuddled close to him.

Being able to be wrapped around his arms made me feel a lot better.

But I couldn't help but cry harder. It was like I knew Adam was there to comfort me, so I knew I could just let it all out.

But still... What hurt me most is that I couldn't believe that a young, cheerful and innocent child like that would just die, when he's still full of curiosity and innocence. He still has a long life ahead of him. A good life. Why did he have to die?

"Hey, it's okay." Adam spoke gently and hugged me tighter.

I gently tried to get free and Adam let go immediately. I looked at the ground, sobbing quietly but I tried to stop it. I rubbed the tears away from my eyes.

"Here." Alice came into the room and handed me a glass of water.

I gulped it down, difficultly.

"Thanks." I gave her the glass back.

"Uhh... Mandy..." Alice spoke quietly. I looked up. "I love you... but I really need to go. My boss is yelling at me on the phone to get to work...I'm so so sorry." Alice pleaded but she kept her gaze on the ground, as if ashamed. I felt bad that she was feeling bad because she had to go. I mean, I'm really bursting into tears... but that doesn't mean I have to keep her hostage. That's selfish.

"It's alright, Alice." I smiled genuinely.

" Are you sure? I mean, I can cancel it and-" she lit up.

"No. It's fine. Go." I smiled.

"I love you so much." she hugged me tightly and I managed to let out a small chuckle.

"Love you too." I smiled.

"It'll be alright." she looked at me sincerely and I just gave a small, sad smile.

"Okay, bye." she bid us both goodbye with a sad expression.