Chapter 32- Don't scare me like that

I walked to my apartment, shaking and trembling in fright that someone might just come out of the dark, cup my mouth with a cloth and I'd just pass out. The I'd be brought to a basement or something, where that blackmailer will torture me emotionally and physically. Then I'll just die, right before the cops could arrive.

Yep. Just like the movies.

Hopefully that won't come true.

Suddenly, two arms wrapped around me and a big weight was suddenly brought onto my back, like someone just jumped on me.

Oh no.

This is it.

"Stop! Let go!" I wriggled out of her/his grasp with much strength and adrenaline, from fear.

"Woah! Woah!" a familiar girl's voice came from the person that was on top of my back Then I felt her suddenly fall to the ground, with a loud bump.

Wait.

I looked at her and saw that it was actually Alice. She was on the ground, her elbows leaned on the ground and her one hand on her head. Her eyebrows were furrowed from the pain of the fall.

"The hell, Alice? Don't scare me like that." I groaned and let out a sigh of relief. It's just Alice.

Damn, I though I was about to die.

"Hey, I'm the one on the ground. Not you." she glared at me and rubbed her forehead in pain.

"Sorry." I chuckled apologetically and stretched my hand to help her up.

"Gawd. Where'd you learn to throw people like that?" she stretched her back and winced in pain.

"That is a secret." I laughed.

"Yeah. Laugh. You owe me." she complained.

"Why are you even here?" I grinned, still looking apologetic.

"I thought of going to you first before to the apartment. You got a problem with that?" she grunted in irritation.

I chuckled. "Okay, thank you."

"Let's just get out of here." she said, still rubbing her back in pain.

"Okay." I grinned in agreement.