Chapter 94- Shot

This is it.

I was sure of it. I was sure that the next thing I would be seeing is a bright light along a tunnel. I already shut my eyes tight.

But before the dagger could reach my skin, a loud shot of a gun shocked all of us.

What happened?

Why am I only seeing black?

OH MY GOSH! AM I REALLY DEAD???

Oh wait, I just haven't opened my eyes yet.

I slowly opened my eyes and my fists started to unclench. Oh dang, please tell me it wasn't me who got shot. PLEASE PLEASE.

I looked up.

Alice's eyes were wide and she dropped her dagger. I looked at her shoulder and saw that she was shot.

By who?

"Gah!" she fell down the floor, holding her shoulder that got shot. Blood was dripping from her wound and the floor started to flood with blood... Ooo it rhymes.

I crawled farther from her as she laid there.

I looked up and saw Dan with a gun still pointed at the distance where Alice stood. He was frozen and his eyes were wide in shock. Ashley was shocked as well.

I looked at Adam. His eyes were wide as he looked at me.

We were all speechless.

"Dan..." I said softly.

Suddenly, he burst into tears. MAN TEARS OF COURSE.

I stood up and ran over to him then I wrapped my arms around his big fat belly. He was like a dad to me too so I kinda felt sad for him too. I mean, to have to kill your own daughter. Even if his daughter almost DID kill me.

"I just had to do it..." Dan sniffed and wiped away his tears.

Adam walked over to us and he looked at me.

"Dad!!!! What did you do?!" Alice tried to sit up.

Dang, she's still awake?

"I'm not your dad, Alice. I took you in. I fed you, clothed you, sheltered you and I loved you as my own. I could've left you in that garbage bag when you were a baby. I could've let you die. But no. I took you in and raised you as my own." Dan's voice was full of rage and anger as he walked to Alice, using his gun as his pointer finger.

"And when you had the guts to become independent, you jus left without saying a word. You only come to me when you need something. I gave my entire life and dignity just to be closer to you again. And you didn't do the same." he walked closer to Alice's trembling body.

If you'd look at the picture, you'd think that Dan's the bad guy. But after everything Alice did, she really just deserves it.

"And now I ask myself... Did I make the right choice in taking you in?" Dan pointed the gun at Alice.

"Dad...." Alice said softly.

Is she having a change of heart?

But suddenly, she stabbed Dan in the foot.

"Ahhh!!!" Dan yelped in pain and fell down on the floor.

Alice stood up and laughed, her hand still placed on her right shoulder. She reached for the gun and pointed it at us.

Adam pulled me closer.

"Well, THAT was a very dramatic scene dad. Like I said, you ARE the best actor." she laughed and looked at us.

"Alice, let's talk about this." I cautiously said.

"No, Mandy. He's mine!" she clicked the gun.

"Any last words?" she licked her lips and grinned.

Silence.

What the hell am I even gonna say for my last words? I'm gonna be freaking killed! Am I supposed to tell my will and testament or something.

She grinned.

THIS IS REALLY IT.

Suddenly, she yelped in pain. I looked at her feet to see blood pouring out from her, a knife stabbed on her feet. Stabbed by... Dan.

"Ahh!" Alice gritted her teeth and screamed in anger.

"Go!" Dan looked at us, sweat pouring on his face.

Suddenly, in a blink of an eye, Alice shot Dan... in the chest. Blood started to flow out of Dan's chest as he laid there, weakened and wincing in so much pain. What am I supposed to do???

Adam and I both stood there, shocked. Dan...

Alice suddenly looked at us... looking a bit like the Grudge, actually... but blonde.

"C'mon!" Adam took my hand and we ran out of the room, two gun shots coming from behind us.