Chapter 123- You'll think of something

"Look hon, I know I'm not the most credible person or the wisest one either..." Ashley was scanning the clothes racks.

We went to this shop wherein they sell cool, cute and funky gothic apparels. I would've jumped with glee and would've spent all my money on this store, but apparently, I wasn't really in the mood.

"... but I really think you should tell Adam." she picked a black crop top with a printed skull in the front and small red roses below it.

"I can't." I groaned and stood up.

"Why?" she walked inside the fitting room and I followed her, but stayed outside, of course.

"Because..." I sighed and folded my arms in front of me, hoping that she heard me.

"Dylan needs this job. I may not be her girlfriend anymore, but I'm not a stone hearted monster either. He's gonna go back home if I don't give him a break. And I know that if I tell Adam, he won't like the idea of his girlfriend and his girlfriend's ex working together. And I mean..." I took a deep breath because I lost all my breaths from talking continuously.

"That's not gonna be pretty?" Ashley opened the fitting room curtain and I saw her already wearing the top.

I nodded.

"You look great in that by the way." I shrugged casually.

"Thanks, dear." she smiled and handed the top, with the money, over to the cashier.

It seems weird that these persons in Hollywood can just waltz in a store, pick a clothing and immediately buy it right after fitting it. I mean, back in my poorer and less classy life back home, I had to think twice first if I really REALLY needed the clothing before buying it.

"Well, it ain't gonna be pretty but..." she sighed. "I mean, I know Adam. He can get quite carried away by his emotions most of the time. And if you build up this secret, it's gonna turn into a really Big lie. And he'll find out eventually. " she said matter of factly with a concerned face.

"What do you mean 'he can get quite carried by his emotions'?" I squinted my eyes.

"I mean..." she started.

"Here you go mam." The cashier gave her the paper bag withe a smile.

"Thanks." Ashley smiled and hooked her arm into mine as we walked out the store.

"I mean..." she repeated. "he can say reaaaaally hurtful and ugly words when he's angry. Even to you." she gave a You-don't-wanna-see-that look.

Dang. I mean, I've never really seen Adam angry before. Not ever in our five month relationship. It's always fun.

"I don't know anymore." I groaned.

"It's gonna be fine. You'll think of something." she smiled at me.

"Now here." she handed me the paper bag with the crop top.

"What?" I asked and took it, thinking she was only letting me hold it for her.

"This crop top may help you. I bought it for you." she grinned as we walked out the mall.

"Dude, no. You bought this for you." I chuckled.

"Ugh. Mandy, just take it." she grunted.

"I understand what a girl needs and when she needs it." she winked.

I laughed.