Chapter 22- We're in this together

"but..." I sat up, not looking at Adam.

"What is it?" he sat up too and leaned closer to me, his voice full of concern.

Dang! It feels like some sort of soap opera.

I hesitated. I didn't want Adam to see me being dramatic. I want to see him as someone strong who can handle anything. Because... I am. I have always been strong, and I learned my lesson when my first three boyfriends cheated on me. Yeah, it's sucks. But ever since I met Adam, he's all I think about and it irritates me so badly.

"C'mon Mandy, tell me." he put his thumb on my chin and tilted my head so he could look at me.

"I just- I mean, you're a super famous rockstar whom everyone would die just to meet. And I'm this waitress who lives in a super bad apartment. You go on tours, interviews, and concerts. I just don't want to be left behind..." I explained, not looking at Adam because I knew it would just make me cry.

"Hey, Look at me." he spoke gently and I did. His eyes screamed out so much concern and care. I couldn't take it all in.

"We're in this together, okay? I'm not gonna leave you behind." he smiled kindly.

"That's what they all say." I muttered.

Okay, that seemed too bitter.

"That's what they all say..." he repeated. "Except for me." he smiled.

I couldn't help but smile as well. He just makes me so happy, and whenever he looks at me, I feel my whole body melt. When he talks to me, my world stops. And when he touches me, my heart tightens.

Why, Adam???

Why do you have to be so captivating?

"Now will you please, " he rolled his eyes jokingly, which made me lose the awkwardness of the moment. "... lay back down with me?"

I laughed softly and did as he wished.

He smiled and laid back down. I laid down as well, rested my head on his chest, hearing his muffled heartbeat. Then I wrapped my arm around him and so did he. I felt so protected...

I looked up at him but didn't say anything. He smiled and I felt myself so drawn to him. I couldn't help it. My heart tightened. I wanted to be closer to him. If that was even possible.

I mindlessly leaned forward and kissed him.

At first he was shocked and didn't kiss me back. But soon enough, he kissed me back, biting my lip gently. Tingles ran up my skin causing me goosebumps, my heart flutters and my body heats up.

This is the first time I've actually fully kissed him...

It's always disturbed or... just a tease.

He placed his hand on my face and kissed me some more, making my body and face heat up so badly. I was hardly able to breathe.

But then I pulled back. Okay, don't overdo it.

We were nearly out of breath from the long and amazing kiss. I've never had a kiss like that with anyone I've met and gone out with.

"Wow." he spoke quietly in shock.

I just giggled.

"You're a good kisser, aren't you?" he complimented and raised one eyebrow.

"Thank you." I beamed with confidence.

Then he lifted my head up with his thumb on my chin, and gave me a short and teasing kiss which sent me a shock. I felt like I became stiff and my eyes stayed open. Wasn't expecting that.

"Teaser." I glared at him once he stopped.

He just laughed.