Chapter 15

Rinz's POV:

We are finally home after a long day in Italy. Before we got home, Andre stopped by the hotel and told me to grab my bag, since I will be spending the night with him. When we were there, Borja and Gori weren't in their room so we both guessed that they were still out spending time with each other in Italy.

"I'm putting this in my room." He tells me.

"Not Afonso's?" I tease.

"My room is your room now, making it OUR room." He says biting his lip. "I'm so glad you're staying here another day, and I'm so glad I have you to myself." He tells me pulling me closer to him by my waist.

"Me too." I whisper while looking at him.

He kisses me quickly and goes to his room to put down my suitcase. I walk around his house and see a piano that I never noticed was there. That's when I realized that I haven't seen all of his house yet. I sit down and look at the keys. My memory reminds me when I was 13 and I was playing the piano to my mother. The proud look she had on her face was fresh in my memory, I never forgot it. I run my fingers over the keys and I find myself playing the same song I played to her 6 years ago. I was so into it that I did not realize Andre was standing in front of me watching me play.

"That was amazing." He claps. He walks up to me and sits next to me. "How long have you been playing?"

"Um.. when I was about 10,"

"How come I have never seen you play piano when you sing covers?"

"I've stopped playing when I was 14. I don't know many songs." I quietly say.

"Why? You're really good."

"I prefer the guitar, even though I'm not that good at it." I admit.

Truth is, I stopped playing the piano when I was a child because it reminded me of my mother. I used to play it to her all the time. After she left, I would break down everytime I hit a key on the piano because I would remember her and then it would hit me that I wouldn't be able to see her again. Then, I would end up missing her a lot.

"Can you sing me a song?" He smiles at me.

I look at him and smile back. "Which song?"

He rubs his chin thinking and then raises his pointer finger in the air indicating that he had an idea. "How about Adele? You hit high notes perfectly, I bet you can beat her."

"Oh please." I say rolling my eyes. "Okay, I'll sing When We Were Young."

"Play the piano too." He smiles innocently at me.

"I don't know how the notes or chords go."

He pulls out his phone and types something in google. He puts his phone on the piano and shows me the chords to the song. I sigh and begin to play and sing.

Everybody loves the things you do
From the way you talk
To the way you move
Everybody here is watching you
'Cause you feel like home
You're like a dream come true
But if by chance you're here alone
Can I have a moment
Before I go?
'Cause I've been by myself all night long
Hoping you're someone I used to know
You look like a movie
You sound like a song
My God, this reminds me
Of when we were young

I stopped playing and singing because I knew if I went on I would break down in front of him and I did not want to have a discussion over my mother since that is a very touchy topic to me.