Chapter 27

{Kordei}

I e n d e d up not speaking to Camila or Lauren for the rest of the weekend they had sent me a couple texts for a while but after a while they stopped coming. I think they both knew that I needed some space and time to process and for that I was insanely glad. I didn't want to feel peasured into speaking to them when I needed some space.

With the whole Zayn and Lauren thing the more I thought about it the more it sounded like total bullshit. Lauren knows how I feel about her and she shouldn't feel threatened at all. She should just be able to trust me. What was a relationship without trust?

Something about the whole thing still felt off to me, like I was missing something. But I still felt insanely angry. Why doesn't my girlfriend trust me?

So when I headed into school I headed straight for my locker and then to class, hoping and praying I wouldn't be stopped by someone. But I was never that lucky and was interrupted.

"Hey Normani!" A voice calls and I make a sharp turn and look over to see who it could be.

"Oh, hey Ashton what's up?" I ask, Ashton had been at Zayn's bonfire and at the beach with us the other day.

"Have you seen Dinah Jane?" He questioned and I shook my head.

"No I haven't, I haven't seen anyone yet, actually." I said looking around the crowded hallway. "Am I missing something?"

Ashton shrugs his shoulders "if you are then I am too. Because I have no idea what's going on. Can you give Zayn a ring? He won't answer mine."

"Yeah, sure I can try." I say then pull out my phone, pulling up the contacts and clicking on Zayn's.

"Hey," he says, husky voice answering after a few rings.

"Where is everybody?" I asked right away, getting right to the point.

"Well, Dinah Jane, Ally and Calum are all with me. We're getting everybody breakfast. Were on our way to the school now. Why? Miss me?" He says cheekily and I can already see the grin on his face and I roll my eyes.

"More like we were wondering where you were, loser. Ashton and I must be the only ones out of the loop." I say with a chuckle and looking over at Ashton letting him know everyone was OK. He nodded in thanks before I turned back to my conversation.

"Everybody is the cafe waiting for us. Go there and you'll find everyone else, you wouldn't answer your phone last night."

I roll my eyes but didn't say anything because it was true. "Alright. How long will you be?"

"Maybe another five minutes I'll see you then!" Zayn says ending the call. I roll my eyes again but I laugh and let Ashton know where we're heading.

Zayn, Dinah, Caulm, and Ally showed up seconds after us bags of McDolands in their hands and cold coffees in the other.

I was sitting with Liam and Niall and we all cheered when we saw them come in. They handed out bags to everyone and I ended up with a Bacon mcgriddle and a mocha. We all sat down at a large table and dug in. Talking about nothing and everything all at the same time.

I was cracking up at something Niall had said when I felt my phone buzz.

Camzi: where are you? I wanna see you.

Kordei: in the cafe

I responded with even though it felt a little cold Ieft it with that response. Shaking off any bad feelings I had.

Camzi: can we come see you baby?

Kordei: of coruse you can love

I turned and looked over to Zayn, calling him over. He smiles at the sound of my voice before walking over.