Chapter 41

{Kordei}

Once Camila and I were in the car, everything was silent. Both stuck in our own thoughts, I was wondering where this would leave us and Camila was probably wondering how I got so fucked up.

Sometimes I wonder too.

I wanted to leave that behind me but I guess it was bound to come up sometime and as I drive and catch little glances at Camila to still see her swollen face and tears my heart breaks a little more each time.

"I'm sorry," I finally choke out, my voice rough with emotion.

"You have absolutely nothing to apologize for, none of that was your fault." she says her hand coming over and gripping mine softly but I shake my head.

"It was though," I say "every time he looked at me and told me he loved me and cared about me... I forgave him, it kept happening because I couldn't face the facts of my situation."

Camila goes quiet as she looks out the window and I continue to drive her home, I can feel dread covering me like a cloak hanging over each inch of my body and I can feel tears in my eyes again.

"It's not your fault, sometimes people aren't who you thought they were, he did some things to you that they shouldn't have, only he has control over his actions not you, it's not your fault."

"But I stayed, I stayed with him because I loved him and I wanted him to love me-"

"It's okay to want love Kordei," Camila stops me "you just found something else instead,"

I didn't say anything else, I didn't want to talk about this anymore. I couldn't talk about it anymore.

"He made you who you are today, he changed you. Everyone goes through experiences Kordei some are rougher than others but don't you ever think that was your fault."

Still, I didn't respond I know my past and I know what I did, slowly I unwrapped my hand from hers and put it back on the wheel finally heading into Camila's sub division as her phone vibrates.

"Hey mom... mom I know I was.... mom, mom stop." Camila removes the phone from her ear and I can actually hear her mother yelling even though the phone was not on speaker. "mom! I will explain everything as soon as I'm home i am on my way right now... you can ground me when I get inside... Mom I swear, I'll explain everything I'm on my way home.... I'll see you then." Camila hangs up and sighs, leaning back against my car "Pull over Kordei,"

I raise my eyebrows "Camila, it sounds like-"

"I said pull over" Camila's tone was harsh and... mean she had never spoken to me like that before and I didn't like it, so I pulled over.

Once the car was stopped Camila turned and looked at me.

"I'm so fucking in love you with you and this doesn't change shit okay? I fucking love you and Lauren fucking loves you and I just want you to feel safe with us and I'm glad I know about your issues and what happened back home because in the end I'm your girlfriend and I should know shit about you and I can't believe I was dumb enough to not ask you about this stuff before and I'm sorry, and it sucks that I didn't actually hear it from you but that's okay you didn't want to share it with us but you still allowed us to hear your story and god Kordei I love you so much and I just-"

I shut her up by kissing her, holding the back of her neck and her waist to bring her close and she let's out a yelp of surprise before closing her eyes and kissing me back. I let my tongue slip into her open mouth and explore every inch of her. Camila touches were so needy and quick as she kissed me back but I let her she had been through so much within these past 24 hours and it hurt to know that she was hurting.