Chapter 50 - Lauren's Last Letter

Dear Camila Cabello,

It's Lauren again... and I have a lot to say. It's been a week and we're in the same house, we don't speak. We don't look and we don't smile. Unless it has something to do with our kids we don't do much of anything. Sometimes Mani wants to just give up on everything. She keeps talking about how much this hurts and how much she wants to be done, but then she'll look at our kids and then she'll remember all the good times we've had and all the love we have shared, but fuck Camz. You really messed up.

And now I'm feeling doubtful about our future and Camila I fell in love with you when I was sixteen. I don't know how to love anyone else besides you and Mani. You are truly all I want in life and I want our kids to be happy and I want Mani to smile again.

I don't know how I feel about all of this but I will tell you what I do know.

I love you. I love your stupid smile and the way you roll your eyes at Jared when he burps and the way you call him a show off. I love the way that even though Mani is the stay at home mom you still come to all of Crystal's soccer games even when you should be grading papers. I love the way you scratch your nose and how much you love shower sex and I love how you take care of our children.

I miss you so much when we are in the same house.

Honey I'm not going anywhere.

I will be right here next to you for the rest of my life, I have loved you for half of my life and I am more than sure that I will love you for the next half of my life and the next half after that.

You did a really stupid thing though. I still can't believe how fucking stupid you can be? You just created a new wound in our relationship and it's going to take a very long time to heal. But you are going to be there to fix my broken pieces and you are going to promise me that you are never going break me again. Do you understand?

We are going to fix this as soon as you finish reading this. You are going to come to me and you are going to kiss me like you are so afraid of losing me like you keep saying and you are going to make love to me like you never have before because now you know you can lose me. You can still lose Mani, you've got me. Take what you have and come find me.

I love you, you asshole.