Wreck

Richie was a wreck. He had gone to the police station every day to ask if they had any information on Eddie yet, and every day they told him to go home, and they would call him if they found anything.

Richie had received his phone from the Derry Police Station amongst other children's stolen belongings when they took the man who had been doing the kidnapping. His name was apparently Bob Grey, also known as Pennywise The Dancing Clown.

A weird nausea had come over Richie when he heard the name, but he wasn't sure why.

Georgie's shoulder had been dislocated, that was why he couldn't move his arm. Richie had been treated for his injuries. He had bruises all over, and a few gashes from which he had bled a lot. That was why he was asleep for a while in the beginning. Too much blood loss.

The boy was on the brink of reaching his breaking point. He was desperate to find Eddie and right everything that had gone wrong. He already planned out what would happen if they found him.

He would sweep Eddie off his feet and bring him home. His mother didn't seem to notice his return, she was too drunk to care, and his father was out of the house all the time, so Richie could bring Eddie there without question. He would clean up the boy's cuts and whatever was going on with him, then feed him in case he hadn't eaten. Then they would turn on his favorite movies and snuggle until Eddie was rested enough to feel better.

He was frustrated that no search parties were being sent out.

"We can go out if you want, Rich, but I think you should stay home until you're feeling better." Bev looked uncertain, and Richie despised her for saying that. He wanted to find his best friend.

So he went, and the rest of the losers followed, including Georgie. It had taken a lot of begging on the little guy's part, but he insisted he felt safer with Bill than he did without, and held both his and Stan's hand the entire time. Richie decided against searching the house, since the police had been very thorough.

"I don't think we should split up. At this point, staying together is all we've got going for us." Stan was looking mostly at Richie, who was traveling a bit further ahead than everyone else in his eager impatience. He had brought a backpack with snacks and a flashlight with extra batteries in case.

"Yeah, well, whatever you say. I'm searching the Barrens. If he was taken by an adult, they might have gone there thinking that the police wouldn't check since kids never hang out there." There was a murmur of agreement, and everyone set off. Richie headed for one of the quietest parts of town he knew and plunged down into the trees, careful to keep his footing in the slope. He had worn a sweatshirt that day, just in case they did find Eddie and he was cold for some reason. The summer heat beat down and it was getting a bit hot, but he didn't mind.

"R - R - Richie, slow d - down!" Bill's voice was distant. Richie hadn't waited for his friends to reach the bottom of the slope. He just kept walking, stomping through the overgrowth and glancing around. He looked at the ground and paused, his heart skipping a beat. He had nearly stepped on it.

"Holy fucking shit.." Despite the pain in his muscles, he leaned down and picked up the object, inspecting it thoroughly. He opened in and pulled out the contents, his breath quickening. Turns out maybe he's the one who needs an aspirator.

"What is that? Did you find something?" Mike ran up from behind and Richie whirled around, breathing a bit heavily as he thrust his arms out towards the group. One by one their expressions contorted into ones of horror as they realized what it was.

"Okay, Richie. Calm down. Breathe slower. This is good, okay? It means we're closer to finding him. He can't be far if this is laying around." Bev put an arm around Richie's trembling figure. He felt tiny in her arms, and for the first time he realized how thin he had actually gotten in just two weeks. It was showing on Georgie, too, though the boy had always been little.

"What'cha got there? Is it the wheezy faggot's purse?"

Everyone turned and looked up from the object in Richie's hands to see Henry Bowers, a grown man, staring down at Eddie's fanny pack with a devilish smirk.