Something To Tell Me

"Hey, Eds. Have you got a pencil I can borrow?" Richie leaned over his boyfriend's shoulder, sifting through his backpack. He shoved himself between Eddie and the younger teen standing beside him, successfully cutting off the conversation the two had been engaging in. There was a warm hand on his back, starting between his shoulder blades as he shoved books and binders aside, pretending to look for a writing utensil.

"Check the side pocket, 'Chee. I think I might've left a new one in there." The warm hand traveled up and down his spine at a steady pace, and Richie would have stayed there all day if he could. His shoulders had been killing him due to the weight of his bag lately. However, when he didn't succeed in finding a pencil, and Parker started to speak again, he straightened up with a soft groan. It was partly for show, but the tenseness in his shoulders had once again caught him off guard.

"Can't find one," he mumbled, shrugging with a grimace. He turned his back to Parker, reaching around Eddie's waist with a smirk. "Oops! Forgot to check these pockets." He slipped his hands into the back pockets of Eddie's jeans, pulling him close for a few moments. Eddie rested his chin on Richie's shoulder, and the teen could practically feel the brunette's eyeroll, but he ignored it, just keeping him close for a few more seconds.

"Listen, Pal, we were having a conversation. Could you maybe get your hands off him and let us finish?" Parker's voice was laced with annoyance and he had a slightly aggressive tone. Richie lifted his head and wheeled Eddie around so that he could continue hugging him, but now the taller of the boys was the one facing Parker. He raised his eyebrows as high as they could go, and he knew he did not look happy, because Parker's face contorted and his expression was one of deep frustration.

"Oh, you were having a conversation? Well, I don't see why you can't have one with me here. Unless there was something you had to say that wasn't for my ears, in which case, you really shouldn't be talking about such things with someone else's man." There was a slight tug on Richie's shirt, and he peered downwards, heart melting. Bright eyes behind brand new glasses peeked right back up at him, and while Eddie looked amused, he also looked a bit nervous.

"Listen, 'Chee, why don't you just let him finish saying what he has to say and we can get out of here? I wanted to talk to you and everyone else about something." Eddie's smile said it all. He was excited about something. The way his grip tightened on Richie's shirt and he stood on his tiptoes a little bit was enough to send Richie reeling, and his grip faltered. His hands slipped out of Eddie's pockets. He nodded wordlessly and straightened the shorter boy's glasses, kissing the tip of his nose and then taking a few steps away so the two could finish their conversation.

Richie knew he shouldn't listen in, but Eddie had never specifically said that he couldn't. Then again, just because the boy hadn't told him not to didn't mean he should. Richie sighed, fighting a battle with himself. If he listened, he could get caught. If he didn't, nothing really happened, but he didn't want his Spaghetti talking to that trash alone.

By the time Richie had decided what to do with himself, Eddie had turned around and engulfed himself in Richie's sweatshirt. It had been rainy that day, and the weather had been getting chillier. Richie grinned, wrapping his arms around the smaller boy and rubbing them to get the blood flowing. The only thing that slightly annoyed him was that Parker hadn't walked away yet.

"Where were we?" He asked, leaning down so his nose brushed against Eddie's. The brunette giggled, moving to capture his lips, but Richie pulled just out of reach. Eddie chased after him with a look of slight frustration, but Richie held back.

"Ahh, that's right, you had something exciting to tell me!" Richie teased, earning a frustrated groan.

"Get down here and maybe I'll tell you. God, why did you have to be so tall?" Eddie stepped on Richie's feet just to gain the extra half an inch and tugged him into a kiss. It wasn't that Richie didn't enjoy the kiss, Eddie's kisses were his favorite kind. He just didn't enjoy being glared at while it happened. So he pulled away a bit quicker than he normally would.

"So? What is it?" Richie tilted his head, looping his arms lazily around the other boy's waist. Eddie's eyes lit up, and his smile widened even more.

"I want to go on vacation with all of the Losers this summer."