Proud To Be A Loser

Richie put Eddie's bike in the trunk once he had been convinced to let him up.

"If you don't get off of me then I won't dot the i's in your name with hearts."

Richie kept looking at Eddie from his table in the corner, then looking down at his cup which did in fact have hearts over the i's in his name. A smile fought to take over his expression, and he allowed it, taking a sip of his drink and then pressing his warm hands to his cheeks. The bell on the door rang, and he glanced over, eyes widening instinctively. His smile grew a bit wider, and he almost got up, but forced himself to remain sitting when he realized who it was.

Georgie was walking through to door with a girl. They were holding hands. That alone made Richie swoon. Upon seeing who it was he was a little worried, but the look on Eddie's face was priceless when he saw the two. The brunette's eyes lit up, and his face went bright red as he froze, in a hysterical fit of excitement.

Bella, the younger sister of the Devil himself, was being led up to the counter by none other than Georgie Denbrough. Eddie practically shoved the cashier out of the way and started to take their order, ignoring the shocked and confused look of the person who had been waiting to serve them in the first place. Richie could hear his boyfriend from his seat against the windows.

"Hey, Georgie. I uh, I see you've got yourself a lady friend." The utter lack of smoothness in his comment had Richie cracking up and he almost missed Georgie's response.

"Yeah! This is my.. um.. My..." He looked back over to see Bella smiling a patient smile and Georgie blushing like mad. His smile just got even bigger when she leaned over and muttered something in his ear that obviously made his day. "My girlfriend!" He finished proudly.

"I didn't know you were friends with Eddie," the girl piped up, and Georgie's eyes lit up with surprise.

"Are you kidding? Eddie is my best friend! Besides Bill, of course." His tone had a prideful ring to it. Eddie's laughter melted Richie's heart even further, and a sip of his hot coffee only made things worse.

"Excuse me? I thought I was your best friend!" Richie complained, getting up. Georgie whirled around, and so did Bella, who's eyes lit up upon seeing him.

"Richie!" She cried, breaking away from Georgie and running over.

"Hey, Bella. Long time no see. I never got to thank you for helping me out the other day." Richie lifted her up, deciding she was still small enough for her age and hugged her. "So, thank you! You really made things easier for me." She grinned, shrugging sheepishly as he placed her back down.

"It was nothing. I knew Parker was giving him trouble the second I started hearing about him at home. He has an obsession with the most random people." Georgie ran up after completing their order and sat down at Richie's table, leaning back in his chair. His yellow slicker that he had been wearing since he was little was tied off around his waist.

"So he does this often?" Richie asked, walking over to the counter and grabbing their drinks when they were presented. He placed a kiss against the palm of the hand that gave them to him only to receive a flick and a soft muttering of 'idiot' before he walked away.

"Yeah. Every time we move he chooses someone new. Last time it was this poor guy named Ethan, and for a while he actually reciprocating, but Parker just tends to be really physical and not a lot of people can hand the intensity of what he expects out of them." She looks a bit sad as she explained, and Georgie tried to comfort her by placing an awkward arm around her shoulder. It paid off, because she smiled and leaned into his touch. Richie noticed that it was the arm the boy didn't prefer using, and the spark in her eyes suggested that she knew so. It seemed she could perhaps be good for him after all, if she was encouraging him to use the arm more often.

"It makes me sad sometimes. I know he could have a good relationship if he wasn't so controlling, but it always ends the same." She shrugged, taking a sip of her shake. "I guess it just happens with some people." Richie sighed, sitting down in his own seat and taking a few more sips of his coffee. It was too early for Parker Problems.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with that, kiddo. Eddie said it seems like he takes care of you." Richie found a bit of comfort in the way that her expression softened and a smile graced her features.

"Yeah, he's real good to me. He just hogs all the snacks, but what kind of a brother doesn't?" She shrugged nonchalantly, and Georgie grinned, nodding along with everything she was saying. Having an older brother was something he could relate to.

"My brother steals snacks all the time when he has people over his house. Usually it's just the Losers, but every once in a while he has a partner for a project or something." Georgie shrugged like it was no big deal, but Bella looked a bit confused.

"The Losers?" She asked with raised eyebrows. Georgie blushed, realizing his mistake.

"Yeah, sure. The Losers. Richie and Eddie, Bev Marsh, Ben Hanscom, Mike Hanlon and Stan Uris. Plus my brother Bill and I. I became a member a little while ago." He looked proud of himself, but Richie couldn't contain his laughter. Proud to be a loser? That sure was rather controversial.

"You sound like you're pretty proud of the fact that you're considered a loser," Bella pointed out, but her voice held warmth.

"Of course!" Georgie chirped. "They're all my best friends. Stan and Bill are together, Richie and Eddie together, Bev and Ben are together, and Mike.." Georgie hesitated. "Mike... Is working on it."

Bella laughed, along with Richie, and Eddie, who had heard the comment.

"Sounds like you've got a great group of friends."

Richie got up and tossed his empty cup in the trash, leaving the two to their little date. A pair of hands grasped his own the moment he turned around and Eddie captured his lips in a soft kiss. His eyes shone as he pulled away, smiling from ear to ear.

"I'm on break."

It was turning out to be a pretty good day after all.