The Best Part

Richie woke up to the sounds of muffled laughter and angry shouts. The angry shouts sounded familiar. He opened his eyes, rubbing them groggily and sitting up. He got up and picked up his discarded shirt from the previous night, pulling it over his head. He stumbled over to the far corner of the room, rubbing his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things.

"How the fuck did they end up all the way over here?" He mumbled to himself, sliding his underwear up over his hips and turning to where the shouts were coming from. The door was closed, but when he opened it he could hear what was being said.

"We were not!" Eddie insisted, and though he didn't have his glasses on, Richie could see that his boyfriend's face was very red.

"You guys were so loud!" Bev's voice insisted gleefully. Richie cleared his throat, and everyone who was outside turned to look at him with wide eyes. Eddie was upon him within seconds, shoving him back into the room and away from Bev's smug grin.

"Richie put some pants on!" Eddie cried, closing the door behind them. Richie stumbled backwards, raising his eyebrows. A pair of hands pulled one foot up and shoved one of his feet through a pair of swim shorts, repeating the action on the other leg and pulling them up so they hung loosely around his waist. Richie blinked a few times once his glasses were put onto his face sloppily so they almost fell off. Then he was pulled back outside to where Bev took one look at him and burst out laughing.

"Eddie, you couldn't have made him look more 'The Morning After' than that." Her comment made Richie break out into a huge grin, and he cast a sly glance in Eddie's direction. The boy was hiding his face in his hands as Richie secured his swim shorts around his waist, straightening his glasses and running his fingers through his hair a few times.

"Are you seriously trying to convince them that we just went to sleep last night?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, beginning to laugh himself. "Oh, my dear Eddie Spaghetti. You may have been quiet Monday night, but I think you broke records yesterday."

"That's what I said!" Bev shrieked with laughter, glancing over his shoulder to see Ben exiting the room in a pair of swim shorts. Bev herself was wearing a white bikini with a sun hat and sunglasses. Richie glanced at Eddie and allowed himself to look, scanning the boy's bare torso shamelessly. Eddie caught him staring, and it wasn't helping his case as his face just got redder.

"Stop screaming, guys. There are probably people still sleeping!" Stan scolded as he exited his room in a similar getup to Richie, a T-shirt and swim shorts, though Richie was fairly sure Stan didn't have underwear on under his bathing suit. Bill followed him out with a pair of shades and sunscreen smeared on his nose like this was Teen Beach Movie or something.

Eddie stormed back into their room and peered around the door with angry eyes. Richie heaved a great sigh and leaned back, cracking his back successfully and following his boyfriend inside with a wink at his friends that had Bev laughing all over again. He closed the door and scooped Eddie up into his arms, throwing him down onto the bed and attacking his neck.

"Richie!" Eddie squeaked, pushing at his chest. Richie ignored him, adding another bruise to the ones he had left the previous night and pulling a few quiet moans out of the boy beneath him while his hands wandered over the boy's bare chest.

"Did you have fun yesterday, Spaghetti?" He murmured against the boy's skin. They had gone back to Magic Kingdom on the second day and ridden the teacups at least five more times, managing to get in another ride on Splash, Space, and Thunder Mountain as well. Then, of course, there was the sex. Eddie and Richie were guilty as charged, despite the brunette's best efforts to cover up the truth.

"Mm, yeah, it was great. I'm kinda sad that we have to go home today, but I think that swimming with everyone for the last day will be fun." Eddie grasped Richie's chin and lifted his head so he could press their lips together, curling his legs around the boy's hips and pulling him down with a soft giggle. Richie grunted, pulling back with a slightly flustered smile.

"Don't start something you can't finish, Kaspbrak. They're waiting for us, remember." Richie chuckled as Eddie whined, loosening his grip. Richie stood up, pushing Eddie's face to the side. "Don't look, I need to take off my underwear so I can go in the pool." Eddie just turned his head back, wiggling his eyebrows. His change in attitude undoubtedly made Richie's heart beat a little faster, but he pushed the excitement away, glaring at Eddie playfully and stealing into the bathroom so he could lock the door behind him. He quickly shed his underwear and put the bathing suit back on, exiting and grabbing his sunglasses. Eddie was still splayed out on the bed, not having moved from where he was before. He looked back at Richie with wide eyes, and got up quickly, hurrying over.

"What?" Richie teased, arms finding their way around Eddie's waist. Eddie giggled, hands creeping up his chest. "What do you want now?" Eddie bit his lip, looking up at Richie though his lashes, and tugged the bespectacled boy's shirt off, taking his glasses as well. Richie replaced them with his sunglasses, placing a kiss on the tip of Eddie's nose and putting on his flip flops as he headed for the door.

Eddie grabbed towels and closed the door, following Richie out and heading towards the pool where the others were already horsing around. Ben and Stan were standing waist-deep off to the side and watching as Mike threw Bev into the deep end with a hearty laugh. Eddie put their towels on a chair and Richie picked him up, heading towards the water. Eddie's legs went around his waist as they stepped into the liquid, cooling them off almost immediately.

"What does this remind you of?" Eddie asked softly, pressing their foreheads together. Richie reached back in his memory, searching Eddie's eyes deeply. Those huge brown eyes practically sparkled all the time lately. It made Richie happy just to look at him.

"The quarry," Richie realized suddenly, and Eddie's eyes lit up even more, if that was possible. "The last day of summer a year ago, when we made out in the water and everyone was watching us." He grinned, and Eddie laughed, nodding in agreement.

"Yeah. That was the first time we actually talked about it, too. It was the day we became official." He wrinkled his nose, and Richie couldn't help but swoon. "Is it bad that I don't remember the exact date?"

"Nah. Let's just celebrate summer in general, deal? Lots of shit has happened, but that doesn't mean we have to only remember the bad stuff." He shrugged, and Eddie nodded.

"Let's remember summer for the best part," he agreed.

They all ended up getting out of the pool reluctantly, but they only had until five that evening to leave and every single one of them wanted to shower and change. It was going to be a long ride. Richie suggested rather boldly that they share a shower, but it was barely big enough for one of them, which was Eddie's flustered excuse.

It had started and ended so fast, but Eddie was going to remember every second of it. So were the others, he knew. It was something he was absolutely certain of. He would remember the laughter, the singing, the friendly bickering.

He would especially remember the warm feeling of a kiss being pressed to his cheek as he colored silently in one of his books and another color joined his, surrounding him in the perfectly comfortable embrace, and through it all, he couldn't think of any place he'd rather be.