Someone Who's Actually Tall

"Promise you'll text me if you're uncomfortable? Just ask to use the bathroom if you need to get away. Remember, if you need an excuse to leave, what do you say?" Richie was freaking out. They were driving to Parker's rich-ass side of the town, which really just meant that the houses had a gate around them that you needed a fancy passcode to unlock and a pool in the back with a really long driveway. It was the side of town where Stan lived.

"If I want to leave early then I pretend to get a text from my mom reminding me that I have a dentist appointment," Eddie replied, a fond smile stretching across his face as they pulled through the opened gate onto Parker's driveway. They had purposefully dressed Eddie rather slummy because Richie refused to let him wear anything that was form fitting, so he had chosen sweatpants and the sweater that Richie had worn on the first day of school. Technically Eddie had one that matched, but Richie's was baggier and that was how the boy wanted it.

"That's right," Richie mumbled, parking at the very end of the driveway so he could pull out straight into the road without backing onto the lawn.

"Rich, the house is all the way up there," Eddie pointed out, confusion flashing in his eyes. Richie sighed, grinning sheepishly as he stepped out of the car.

"Yeah, but I can't back up all the way along this driveway. Plus, this gives me longer to talk with you while we walk up there. Just be careful, okay? Don't eat or drink anything he offers you, just use your own water bottle. If he's sitting too close to you then there's no reason for you not to move away. If you need me, then text me. If you really need me, then call me." Richie ran a hand through his hair, heart thumping in his chest. Eddie slowed to a stop even though they were only about halfway up the driveway, looking at his boyfriend with a sad smile. When Richie pulled him close, he lifted his shirt just a bit to brush his fingers across the scar on the boy's stomach, anger and guilt boiling within his stomach.

"I'm going to be fine, 'Chee. I promise. I told him I could only stay for an hour anyway, alright? You can come pick me up. I'll be here, same as I always am. If you're lucky and I'm in a good mood, then you'll get an amazing greeting." Eddie's nose wrinkled as he smiled, pecking Richie's lips softly.

"I just don't want you to get hurt again. He put fucking bruises on you arm, I mean, my God... I must be crazy for letting you walk up those steps." Eddie laced his fingers with Richie's and began their slow trek once again, humming his disagreement.

"He was just upset. Look, I'm nervous, too," he confessed suddenly, glancing at Richie with big eyes. He wasn't lying. There was an underlying sense of fear in those deep brown orbs. "But I'm more concerned about what he meant by saying he could hurt Georgie. I'd rather be his friend and keep that kid safe than say no and possibly regret it, you know? Plus, if things get out of hand, we can call the police. Parker can't touch me." He seemed like he was reassuring himself, too, but Richie just shook his head, looking to the side.

They were approaching the door. Eddie walked up two steps then turned so he was level with Richie, kissing him full on the lips. Richie couldn't help but smile as a stupid joke formed in his head and he pulled away with a toothy grin.

"So that's what it's like to kiss someone who's actually tall, huh?" His smile faded a bit as the door swung opened and Eddie straightened himself up, glancing back to see a young girl, around thirteen years of age standing in the doorway with wide eyes.

"Shut up," Eddie muttered, but he was biting back a huge smile as he punched Richie's shoulder. "You've got to go. I'll see you in an hour, okay?" Richie nodded reluctantly, and backed off, heading to his car. He looked back as Eddie entered the house, sighing heavily.

"He'll be fine."