Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"I'm a horrible son," Jimin mumbled to himself. "Jimin?" he heard the soft voice of his mother as she lightly knocked on the door, opening it. "I'm gonna go grocery shopping." He nodded. Teary eyes shaking.

"We've talked about it Jimin-ah. Don't feel bad anymore now honey. Just remember to call, don't make your mother worry." She was about to close the door before she coughed. "You okay?" She nodded with a sad smile.

"I'm just catching a cold I think. Winter's coming after all. I'll buy some more tea." Jimin nodded before watching his mother leave. He sighed. He went down the stairs with heavy steps before finding a lighter in the kitchen. 

Great. 

He put it in his pocket, where the pack of cigarettes that Yoongi had given him were as well. Sure he still disliked the taste of cigarettes. But the smell reminded him of Yoongi. And that was nice for the boy. He got out through the back door, taking a blanket with him. He sat down on the bench in their garden before covering his legs with the soft material. 

He lit up a cigarette. Two minutes passed by and Jimin suddenly heard someone coming home. He widened his eyes. It was his dad. He threw the cigarette on the thin grass before stepping on it. After that, he picked it up, and threw it to the trash can. 

Making sure to cover it with a few leaves or whatever he could find around him. He got inside, and there was his dad. He held the blanket tightly to his stomach. "It's been a while since I've seen you." He gave a small smile before patting Jimin on the head. 

"What happened to you?" "A needle and some hair dye." He nodded. Jimin was surprised his dad didn't yell at him. Maybe he just didn't care anymore. "Where's your mother?" "Grocery shopping." He went into the kitchen, and Jimin followed him. He watched his dad get out a few things from the refrigerator. 

"I just need to talk to her. I won't be here for long I guess." Jimin ignored that. "Are you staying with that slut you're cheating on mom with?" He shot Jimin a harsh glare before going back to cooking. 

"She's not a slut Jimin. Don't speak like that. She's a woman, with kids." Jimin hummed. "Does she have a husband? Oh, are guys cheating together? Tell me, how does it feel to ruin a family?" He hit the counter with his fist. 

Jimin didn't even flinch. 

He was too tired to be his normal, sensitive self. He couldn't even recognize his dad anymore. "I leave for a short amount of time, and this what happens to you? I guess a man really does need a good father figure in his life, because your mother obviously can't handle you." Jimin faked a laugh. 

"Good father figure? You're teaching me that it's okay to cheat on people. Pretty sure you used to call that sinning." Mrs. Park came home. She widened her eyes when she saw her husband in the kitchen. She put down the grocery bags, looking at the both of them. They all just stared each other for a while. 

"I made sandwiches. Eat. I need to talk to You." She nodded before grabbing the three plates and placing them on the table. Jimin sighed as he took a seat at the table. "Why does your son smell like smoke?" Jimin rolled his eyes as he chewed. 

Why did his prick of a dad have to make so good sandwiches? 

"He's your son too you know," she mumbled. She was well aware of the fact that Jimin was smoking. And she knew that the boy was hanging out with different people. No way he just suddenly started acting like this with Taehyung and especially not with Seokjin around. But she didn't know what to do. 

She was afraid of Jimin leaving her too, if she started to interfere with his life. She couldn't be alone, and to be completely honest, she was way too tired, and already stressed out enough to confront Jimin about it. 

"You know?" Mr. Park faked a laugh. "You see Jimin? Your mother knows you're smoking...did she even talk to you about it?" Jimin stared at him with dull looking eyes, but Mrs. Park's eyes watered. She felt like a horrible mom for not stopping her son. But she couldn't. Mr. Park huffed. "Weak." 

"Why did you come here?" Jimin had had enough. "Did you come here to talk about how bad of a mother you think she is without even seeing your own faults? Don't you forget...you're the one who ruined this family." Mr. Park leaned back in seat. He shook his head. 

"Disrespecting your own father? Have you not been disciplining him at all?" he faced his wife. Jimin's blood boiled. It was like he completely ignored what actually came out of Jimin's mouth. "I'm moving out." the man stated.

"And your mother and I are getting divorced." Of course this is what Jimin wanted, but his eyes still watered. He still felt sad. "When did all of his happen?" his voice cracked. "Jimin-ah...our marriage was never perfect. It may have seemed like that...but...there's more to it." 

"...You never got those bruises from just being clumsy...did you?" Mrs. Park looked down. Jimin had finally figured it out. 

"When are you moving out?" "I came here to get my stuff...actually." Jimin nodded. "Good. You should probably go upstairs and pack then," he whispered the last part, not wanting his voice to crack again. Mr. Park nodded before leaving the table. The ginger felt so utterly stupid. 

He had no idea what was actually going on between them, no one did. Jimin would always fall for their lies. Why am I so naive? "Are you okay mom?" She shook her head. She wasn't. "We'll eat ice cream and watch disney movies once he leaves." She smiled at her son. 

"Do you still like disney movies?" Jimin nodded. 

"I'm still a kid," he forced a smile. She shook her head. "You've been growing up way too fast lately." The orange haired boy's smile fell. "I still drink warm milk to bed and sleep with my plushies." Mrs. Park laughed. Jimin hadn't heard her laugh in a while. It was nice. 

"Should I talk to you about the smoking part?" "No," he spoke lowly. "Not unless you feel like arguing." She shook her head. "But I need to know of this world that you've allowed yourself to be in. I'm not asking you to tell me much, I just don't want you to keep secrets from me. I know you slept on Wiheom hotel. Not at Taehyung's house." Jimin looked down. 

"Did Jihyun tra-" "Yeah." He nodded. "Makes me wonder how many nights you've actually spent at Taehyung's place." Jimin felt guilty. So, so guilty. "Mo-" "I can't bare to argue you with Jimin." He nodded. "I'm sorry, but I can't tell you." "...As long as you're safe." He nodded. "Don't worry. There's people looking out for me, I promise." 

She nodded before placing her hand on Jimin's. His dad left, and the two spent the rest of the evening watching movies and eating ice cream. 

"Who's Yoongi hyung?" Mrs. Park asked once yet another disney movie had ended. "What?" "He's calling you," she nodded towards the buzzing phone on the coffee table. Jimin gave a fake smile before nervously accepting the call. 

"H-hey hyung." Jimin got up to talk to Yoongi outside, but his mom grabbed his arm, telling Jimin to stay seated. "Hey. Just wanted to ask if you want me to pick you up from school tomorrow? I'll have time for a quick meal with you, before I have to work."

 "Sure. I'll see you tomorrow then." "Goodnight baby." Jimin gulped, with all his might, he hoped his mother didn't hear that last bit. "Goodnight." 

"...So...who is this Yoongi?"