Chapter 11: I'm Sorry

HAVEN'S POV

I reached Echo's house and stopped running, taking a moment to catch my breath. I don't care if my parents followed me here, this needs to be done.

I walked up to the front door and knocked, Niki answering the door.

"Hey Haven, aren't you supposed to be in school?" She asked.

"It's a long story, can I talk to Echo?"

"Um sure, she's in her room. Do your parents know you're here?"

"Yeah." I said as I walked up the stairs. Lie. I turned the corner and stood in front of Echo's door, knocking on it.

"Come in!" She called and I walked in. She looked at me and a wave of confusion flashed across her face. "Haven? What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be in school?"

"Shouldn't you be in school?" I smirked.

"Haven-"

"I know what happened."

"What?"

"Davey told me what happened between you and Steven." I said, sitting on the bed next to her.

"Oh." She said and I nodded.

"If it makes you feel any better, I beat the shit out of him."

"Really?"

"Yeah, during class too. I got suspended for a week."

"That's why your face is all fucked up."

"Thanks." I laughed, running my fingers through my hair. "Anyway, I just came here to say I'm really sorry for all of the shit I did."

"You were acting pretty shitty."

"I know, and I don't expect you to forgive me or ever be my friend again. I crossed the line way too many times and my parents are still pretty pissed at me. I'm grounded from my phone, hanging out with anybody, TV, Internet and the car for one more month and I just got an extra week added on for this suspension."

"Damn."

"Yeah, and I'll probably get in trouble for coming over here. I just kind of ran off."

"Your ass is going to get beat." She laughed.

"I know, so, do you forgive me?"

"I'll think about it." She smirked.

"That's all I'm asking for. I just want to go back to the way we were."

"So do I. But I do have one question. Why'd you act like that and say all that shit?"

"I was jealous. I really really like you Echo, I always have."

"Oh." She said and I nodded. I leaned in and kissed her, Echo kissing back not long after. We held it for a few seconds before pulling apart, looking at each other with a smile.

"I really like you too Haven." She smiled. "I-I'm just not ready to get back in a relationship right now."

"I understand."

"Haven." Niki said, walking in. "Your parents are downstairs and they're pretty angry."

"Figured. I kind of didn't tell them I was here." I laughed. "See ya Echo. Bye Niki." I said, hugging Echo before going out of her room and down the stairs.

"Haven Michael Purdy." My dad said, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I know, I know, I'm in trouble. Another week?"

"Try two. Now get in the car."

"Yes sir." I said, walking out of the house. Coming here was worth two extra weeks of being grounded.

ECHO'S POV

"What'd Haven say to you?" My mom asked.

"He just appologized for being a jerk."

"What happened to his face?"

"He fought with Steven."

"Oh. So, your father and I talked over this whole Steven deal, and we think you should transfer schools."

"No! I'm not going to back down and let Steven win! Never give in, never back down!" My mom just sighed with a smirk.

"Okay, we figured that would be your answer. So, how about we talk to your school and do a little rearranging to your schedule."

"Rearranging?"

"Get you into classes without Steven. Are you and Haven friends again." She asked. I sighed and thought about it. I guess. I mean, I haven't fully forgiven him yet, he's going to have to earn that, but I guess we're on the road to being friends again. I just can't stop thinking about that kiss. Better then any kiss I've ever had.

"I guess." I shrugged.

"Well, maybe we can get the school to allow Haven to walk you to your classes, make sure Steven stays out of your way."

"That sounds good." I said.

"Okay, I'll call your school." She said, kissing my forehead.

"Thanks mom."

"No problem honey." She said, leaving the room.

****************************************************************************************

Oooooh. Haven and Echo, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Listening to Stairway To Heaven~ Led Zeppelin

30 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER