XXIV

I do not own Lord of the Rings.

I do own my OCs.

-o-

"You look better." Was the first thing that his manager told him when he entered the kitchen with waiters and waitresses, and chefs bustling around the small area. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes at her, hoping that she wouldn't ask- "What was up with you last night anyway?" ...That.

"Stuff." He answered gruffly as he swiftly tied his waist apron around himself, and pulled out the notepad and pen.

"Uh-huh. 'Stuff'. Let me guess, it's the same 'stuff' that made you disappear."

Jupiter twitched at the mention of his brief disappearance. Unlike his boss - Cathy, the owner of the restaurant - his manager, Madison, was a huge bitch to put it simply. She had been extremely against letting him off work before, but Cathy's demand overruled her's easily and now Madison was salty. Thank heavens his boss is a lot more understanding...

Deciding that it wasn't even worth answering her, he left the kitchen to greet and take his first table's orders. Just like Cathy had told him, the place was packed. He'd even dare to say that it was even busier than it usually was. Despite the number of people inside, the volume of voices wasn't overwhelming except for the rare shout of an ornery child.

He remained relatively blank-faced the entire time as he continued taking orders, although he did give the occasional faint smile just to be welcoming and not have Madison on his ass again for looking like an asshole to the customers. All throughout the two hours, he was in a foul mood. He wanted to be with Legolas...

Ugh, he missed him already.

Why did his boss have to call him while Jupiter was enjoying his... time with Legolas? Maybe they can pick up from where they left off later tonight. That thought lifted his spirits a little and suddenly his rare small smiles became somewhat genuine.

Jupiter paused from where he stood in the kitchen, placing the hot plates of food that was ordered by a couple on a tray. A hostess and waitress were talking not too quietly by the open doorway leading to the main dining room. He would call them out for lazing around and surely causing complaints, but their conversation was much more interesting...

"Wait, wait, wait, what did you just say?"

"I just took this whole group to their table and there was the hottest guy there." The other girl gave her a skeptical look, "I'm serious this time! I couldn't stop staring at him, he looks like a Greek god!"

"Where is he?"

"Not in your area. He's in Jupiter's, at the back, your spot was full..."

"Damn, is he like... cuter than Jupiter?"

"You would have to see for yourself to answer that. Anyway, I have to tell him that he's serving that table."

"Ugh, lucky."

Jupiter turned his attention back to his tray just as the hostess approached him and told him about the table he was assigned to, completely oblivious to the fact that he had just been eavesdropping. He only nodded and hefted up the tray so the edge can rest on his shoulder to steady it as he walked out.

His brows furrow after a couple of minutes, putting away the tray in the kitchen before heading out to the back of the restaurant that was usually the quietest and had the most windows to peer out of at the booths. The group that the girls were talking about couldn't possibly be... Yeah, as if that would ever happen. How in the world would they all get here in a single car?