Silence In The Library Pt1

"Books. People never really stop loving books." The Doctor tells me as I was just coming down the stairs after getting changed.

" The Doctor tells me as I was just coming down the stairs after getting changed

When we stepped outside of the Tardis. The Tardis was in a mostly empty area with just a few small cases of books.
"Fifty first century. By now you've got holovids, direct to brain downloads, fiction mist, but you need the smell. The smell of books, Marcie. Deep breath." He continues
"The Library. So big it doesn't need a name. Just a great big The."

"It's like a city." I saw as I stare out from the marble staircase

"It's a world. Literally, a world. The whole core of the planet is the index computer. Biggest hard drive ever. And up here, every book ever written. Whole continents of Jeffrey Archer, Bridget Jones, Monty Python's Big Red Book. Brand new editions, specially printed." We looked over a balcony onto roofs below.
"We're near the equator, so this must be biographies. I love biographies." The Doctor shouts which makes me jump.

"Yeah, very you. Always a death at the end." I sigh

"You need a good death. Without death, there'd only be comedies. Dying gives us size." He says I then picked up a book and the Doctor takes it from me

"Spoilers." He says as he puts it back down.

"What?" I asked

"These books are from your future. You don't want to read ahead. Spoil all the surprises. Like peeking at the end." He tells me

"Isn't travelling with you one big spoiler?" I asked

"I try to keep you away from major plot developments. Which, to be honest, I seem to be very bad at, because you know what? This is the biggest library in the universe. So where is everyone? It's silent." He says as he looks around the world. The Doctor uses his screwdriver on a nearby information screen, bringing it online.

"The library?" I asked

"The planet. The whole planet."

"Maybe it's a Sunday." I joked

"No, I never land on Sundays. Sundays are boring."

"Well, maybe everyone's really, really quiet."

"Yeah, maybe. But they'd still show up on the system."

"Doctor, why are we here? Really, why?" I asked

"Oh, you know, just passing."

"No, seriously. It was all let's hit the beach, then suddenly we're in a library. Why?" I ask

"Now that's interesting." The Doctor changes the conversation topic.

"What?" I asked in boredom

"Scanning for life forms. If I do a scan looking for your basic humanoids. You know, your book readers, few limbs and a face, apart from us, I get nothing. Zippo, nada. See? Nobody home. But if I widen the parameters to any kind of life." The screen says Error 1,000,000,000,000 lifeform number capped at maximum record.