The Impossible Astronaut Pt2

"Time isn't a straight line. It's all bumpy wumpy. There's loads of boring stuff like Sundays and Tuesdays and Thursday afternoons. But now and then there are Saturdays. Big temporal tipping points when anything's possible. The Tardis can't resist them, like a moth to a flame. She loves a party, so I give her nineteen sixty nine and NASA, because that's space in the sixties, and Canton Everett Delaware the third, and this is where she's pointing." The Doctor says excitedly.

"Washington D.C., April the eighth, nineteen sixty nine. So why haven't we landed?" Amy asked.

"Because that's not where we're going."

"Oh. Where are we going?" Rory asked

"Home. Well, you two are. Off you pop and make babies. And you, Doctor Song, back to prison. And me? I'm late for a biplane lesson in nineteen eleven. Or it could be knitting. Knitting or biplanes. One or the other. What? A mysterious summons. You think I'm just going to go? Who sent those messages? I know you know. I can see it in your faces. Don't play games with me. Don't ever, ever think you're capable of that." The Doctor says angrily as he looks at us all.

"You're going to have to trust us this time." River told him

"Trust you? Sure. But, first of all, Doctor Song, just one thing. Who are you? You're someone from my future. Getting that. But who? Okay. Why are you in prison? Who did you kill, hmm? Now, I love a bad girl, me, but trust you? Seriously." The Doctor said and River couldn't think of a response and we were running out of time.

"Trust me." I blurt out

"Okay." The Doctor responds as he walks over to me.

"You have to do this, and you can't ask why." I tell him,

"Are you being threatened? Is someone making you say that?" He asked protectively.

"No." I told him seriously

"You're lying." He says to me.

"I'm not lying." I tell him,

"Swear to me. Swear to me on something that matters." He says seriously and it takes me a while but then I let a small smile slip as push his hair out of his eyes.

"My love for you." I tell him

"My life in your hands, Marcie Fry." The Doctor smiles before walking away.

"Thank you." River said as I turned to face and I smiled a little bit. Lying to the Doctor came naturally to me, but this was something completely different.

"So! Canton Everett Delaware the third. Who's he?" The Doctor asked as he completely changed his mood.

"Ex FBI. Got kicked out." River told him,

"Why?" The Doctor asked her,

"Six weeks after he left the Bureau, the President contacted him for a private meeting." She continued

"Yeah, nineteen sixty nine. Who's President?"

"Richard Milhous Nixon. Vietnam, Watergate. There's some good stuff, too."

"Not enough." The Doctor frowned

"Hippie!" River scoffed.

"Archaeologist." He throws back to her and she rolls her eyes at him. "Okay, since I don't know what I'm getting into this time, for once I'm being discreet. I'm putting the engines on silent." He pulls a lever and there is a wail. River throws a different switch and it goes quiet.
"Did you do something?"

"No, just watching." She lies and I smile,

"Putting the outer shield on invisible. I haven't done this in a while. Big drain on the power."