Day Of The Moon Pt2

(*Third Person POV*)

'Help me. Please, I can't. I can't see. Somebody help me.' Amy calls out in fear, Canton finds the bedroom door. It is locked.

"Amy! Marcie, can you hear me? Amy, I'm going to try to blow the lock. I need you to stand back." Canton shouts to the two scared women as he pulls out his gun to shoot the lock off in one loud blow.

"Okay, gun down. I've got it." The Doctor says as he whips out his sonic screwdriver,

"Amy, we're here. Are you okay?" Rory calls to his wife through the other side of the door separating the both of them,

'I can't see.' Amy whimpers as they rush into the room. The little girl is hiding along the corridor.

(Bedroom)

"Where is she, Doctor?" Rory asked as he looked around the dark and dingy bedroom as River notices the spacesuit is lying on the floor.

"It's empty." She says as he checks it over,

'It's dark. So dark. I don't know where I am. Please, can anybody hear me?' Amy's nanorecorder is on the floor, flashing.

"They took this out of her. How did they do that, Doctor? Why can I still hear her?" Rory asked him quickly but the Doctor was preoccupied when he found Marcie's screwdriver lying on the floor and beside it was her own nanorecorder that had been stripped from her just like Amy.

"Is it a recording?" River asked him curiously,

"Er, it defaults to live. This is current. Wherever she is right now, this is what she's saying." The Doctor mumbles,

"Amy, can you hear me? We're coming for you. Wherever you are, we're coming, I swear." Rory says as he holds the flashing pod to his mouth.

"She can't hear you. I'm so sorry. It's one way."

"She can always hear me, Doctor. Always. Wherever she is, and she always knows that I am coming for her. Do you understand me? Always." Rory says protectively.

'Doctor, are you out there? Can you hear me? Doctor? Oh, God. Please, please, Doctor, just get me out of this.' Marcie finally speaks up which gets the man's attention

"I'm coming. I'll be there, I swear." The Doctor whispers very quietly so that no one can hear him.

(The Warehouse)

They are examining the spacesuit with the alien's own technology.
"It's an exoskeleton. Basically, life support. There's about twenty different kinds of alien tech in here." River tells the Doctor as she scans everything with her own equipment.

"Who was she? Why put her in here?" The Doctor wondered as he examined everything,

"You put this on, you don't even need to eat. The suit processes sunlight directly. It's got built in weaponry, and a communications system that can hack into anything." River explains

"Including the telephone network?"

"Easily."

"But why phone the President?" He asked.

"It defaults to the highest authority it can find. The little girl gets frightened, the most powerful man on Earth gets a phone call. The night terrors with a hotline to the White House." River continues to explain as the Doctor licks his invitation envelope.
"You won't learn anything from that envelope, you know." She tells him,

"Purchased on earth. Perfectly ordinary stationery. Tardis blue. Summoned by a stranger who won't even show his face. That's a first, for me. How about you?" The Doctor smirks as he turns around to face River.