Chapter 1

A/N

Hi guys! I want to say a HUGE thank you to one of my besties Sarah for helping me plan this fanfic. We decided to pretend Emmy WASN'T related to the Harries 😥 but that Estelle was their sister instead. I hope you all enjoy!

Mazziebear🐻

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'You look gorgeous, sweetheart!' My mum says, hugging me tight. I smooth out the new school uniform I have put on for my first day of secondary school. Mum pulls out the camera. 'Okay, smile.' I smile wide for the camera, truly buzzing. Just then, the doorbell rings. 'That will be Tan.' I squeal, rushing to the door and opening it.

Tanya stands on the doorstep, smiling down at me. 'Hi, babe! You look beautiful!' She beams. 'Oh thanks, Hun. So do you!' Tanya giggles at my over-enthusiastic vibe. 'Bye mum!' I shout over my shoulder.

'Bye, darling!' She shouts as I close the door behind me and step out into the street.

The bell rings, signalling the end of tutor. I grab my things and head from the room as we are dismissed. I decide to try and find my room. Not happening. A frenzy of students, a million doors leading to innumerous places. Once the corridors are nearly empty, I see a familiar face, waving at me. I wave back. Tanya is with a girl I do not recognise, with beautiful brown hair. 'Hey, love. How is it?' Tanya asks.

'Great! But I don't know where my room is . . .' I trail off, worried. Tanya giggles.

'Room 114. We'll take you. This is Zoë.' She gestures to the girl with the brown hair, who smiles.

'Hi, you must be Estelle. Tanya's told me loads about you!' She says as we walk.

'Hi! It's great to meet you, Zoë!' I reply cheerily.

'I love your hair! Is that your natural colour?' She asks.

'Thank you and yes.' I say, glancing at my bleach blonde hair colour. 'It's not nearly as nice as yours, though.' I compliment. She smiles,

'Thank you.' We walk down the corridor which feels endless to me, eventually halting in front of the correct door.

'Here, room 114.' Tanya says. She gestures to the door of the geography room.

'Thanks, Tan. You're a life saver.' I say as she hugs me.

'Anytime. Why don't you hang with us at lunch, and then we can come back to yours?' Tan suggests.

'Yeah! Zoë, would you like to come back to mine as well?' I ask. Zoë smiles,

'Okay, I think my brother is going tonight, too.' The girls say goodbye and I thank them one last time before attending my lesson.

After school, I wait outside the main hall like me and Tanya had discussed at lunch. I see her and wave, and she waves back. Me, her and Zoë begin walking down the drive of the school, which is set on a small slope. Once we get to the bottom, Tanya guides us through the streets, directing us back to mine. When we arrive back at my house, I open the door to find the twins are already back home, sitting on the sofa and watching TV.

'Hey, lil sis. How was your first day?' Finn grins, picking me up and spinning me around. I squeal, trying to pry his hands from around my waist. Jack grabs hold of my feet and Finn loosens his grip around my waist, but moves his hands to my wrists. 'Did any bullies scare you?' Jack pouts, giggling. I laugh.

'It was great and no.' I say before they put me down. Finn looks up, seeing Zoë.

'Hey, Zoë! Joe's here as well.' He says, nodding his head in direction of the kitchen. Jack turns to Tan.

'Hey, Tan. Was she alright?' Jack asks. Tan smiles reassuringly.

'Perfect.' Tanya says.

'Good. Wouldn't want you causing any trouble on your first day.' Jack says. I give him a light shove.

My brothers like to tease me, but really, they are quite over-protective. We all get along really well, which I'm grateful for. My mum said she and her sister argued all the time when they were younger, so she raised me, Jack and Finn to be the opposite of that. I love my older brothers to absolute bits. 'I remember my first day of secondary school.' Finn sighs. I hear an unfamiliar laugh.
'Dude, that was only last year.'

I turn around to see a boy who is just a little smaller than my brothers with ash-blonde hair and sparkly blue eyes. He smiles when he notices I'm looking at him. Nuts. That's not supposed to happen! If they catch you looking, they think it's - odd. 'Hey, I'm Estelle.' I say, trying to divert the awkwardness, looking toward my brothers.

'I'm Joe, Zoë's brother.' He says cheerily.

'Well, nice to meet you, Joe.'

'Come on guys.' Finn says. Jack turns to me. 'We're going to watch TV, so . . . bye.' They usher us out of the living room. I turn to Tan and Zoë.
'I've got a TV in my room. We can watch something on that.' I tell my friends, who nod. I take them upstairs thinking of school, Zoë, Tan and weirdly, Joe.