Chapter 4

The villa is stunning. It has two floors, and is a brilliant shade of white. I grin as the rest of the gang pile out of the van, looking at the YouTube house approvingly. The view is amazing. It's a view of heaven. It is beautiful, with green trees and a view of the city of L.A. below us. I can't stop smiling as we follow Jim to the door. He unlocks the villa and we all pile inside, running around like children. Once we have calmed down, we circle around Jim as he directs us to our rooms.

'Alright, Tan. We're in the room around the corner, Zoë and Alfie, you're here.' Jim points to a room directly at the top of the stairs. 'Marcus and Niomi, you're to the left of them. Jack and Finn, you're to the right. Caspar, Louise, your rooms are round the corner with mine and Tanya's. Joe, your room is towards the back of the house, so if you follow us, then turn right, your room is the second one down. Estelle, your room is next to Joe's. The doors have the names of each youtuber on them so you know whose is whose.' Jim explains.

I follow Jim, Tanya, Caspar, Louise and Joe around the corner. They all break off to go to their rooms, but me and Joe continue, turning right. I see the door with "Joe" on it, next to "Tyler" and "Connor", however there is no "Estelle" wrote on the slips of paper attached to the doors. I follow the corridor around, but just find "Joey", "Troye" and "Dan & Phil". I complete the circle, knocking on Jim's door. He answers straight away. 'Hey, Stel. What's up?' He asks cheerily, slumping against the doorway.

'Hey, Jim. I can't find my room.' Jim frowns and nods, walking the circle with me, checking all of the doors one by one. Not one says Estelle. 'How many rooms were there?' He asks. I think. 'Erm, twelve, I think.'

'And how many people are staying here?'

'Thirteen . . .' I frown.

'Oh, shit.' Jim says, face palming. 'This is the smaller villa.' He sighs. 'Well, the only room with another single is Joe's, as him and Caspar were supposed to share, but we filled all the rooms out and they'll be unpacking by now.'

Jim takes the card from Joe's room and writes my name underneath before he knocks on the door. Joe answers it, looking rather confused when he sees Jim and me. 'Erm, Joe? You and Estelle . . . are sharing.' Joe's eyes light up slightly before his expression returns relaxed.
'Okay, sure. That's not a problem.'

'Thanks, Joe. We got the wrong villa. There aren't enough rooms.' Jim walks off.

Joe lets me in and I dump my suitcase on the bed he hasn't picked, sighing a little. So far, I seem to have drawn a short straw, all to the benefits of my apparent liking of Joe, which is a completely false accusation. I begin to unpack my stuff as Joe stands and watches me. I've never felt more awkward in my life. 'Do you mind not watching my every move?' I smirk, glancing over at him. He rolls his eyes but sits on the side of his bed, huffing. 'What are we doing now?' Joe asks as I am unpacking my fushia sundress with sapphire blue flowers as a pattern, safely putting them away on a shelf. 'I think Jim said we are all meeting by the pool when we were in the van.' I answer, glancing over at him. Joe nods and finds his swimming shorts among his unpacked clothes, heading away from the room.
'Right, well I'm going in the bathroom to get changed.' He says, leaving me to my own thoughts. I continue unpacking, hardly able to believe my luck. Why, of all people, did this cock-up affect me?