Chapter 27: Visiting

The next two weeks go by unbelievably slow. Nothing happens, and I'm just waiting to drive down to London. Eventually, the day comes and I'm up and out of bed straight away. I dress in my black tube skirt and white top with no sleeves and a spike-studded peterpan collar. I pull on a pair of black ballet pumps after I do my makeup simple with some red lipstick, put my hair in a bun and put in some black studs to my first piercings and a white spike in my cartilage. I grab my black and white bag and head from my apartment.

As I drive along in the car, I sing to all the songs, but it still seems like forever and a day until I finally get to Joe's apartment. I race up the stairs and fall flat on my face when I reach the right floor. 'Ow!' I moan, pulling out my camera. 'So, I just fell up the stairs, like the dickhead I am. But right now I'm visiting Joe, and I'm so excited to see him.' I squeal, getting up and putting away my camera before knocking on the door. Joe opens it, beaming.

'Hi!' I squeal excitedly, hugging him.

'Hey! I've missed you loads.' He hugs me really tight, so tight I can hardly breath. I squeeze him back as he kisses my forehead. 'Same. Time's gone too slow.' I say into his t-shirt. He picks me up and spins me around as I squeal. 'Joe!' He laughs and puts me down.

'So, what do you want to do?' He asks me once I've put my bag down and slipped my shoes off. 'Not bothered. Whatever you want.' I reply. Joe thinks for a moment. His eyes light up when he gets an idea. 'Well, I was thinking we could film a video -'

'Right.' I smile, nodding.

'But with a slight twist? Like, a test to see how well we know each other. If you get a question wrong, you get a forfeit and if you get one right, I get a forfeit and vies-versa.' I smirk wickedly at Joe's suggestion.
'Let's do it! We'd better change first.'

After I've changed into black leggings and one of Joe's t-shirts, which is far too large for me, and Joe has changed too, we set up the camera in the kitchen and start filming. 'Heeelllooooo everyone! Wait, that's not how I start my videos.' Joe laughs, making me crack up. We try again. 'Hello everyone, and today I'm here with my lovely girlfriend, Estelle!'

'Hi!' I wave at the camera.

'You probably know her from her channel Don't Tell Estelle and today . . . what are we doing?' Joe sounds unsure.

'Did you forget, Joseph?' He nods, and I laugh at how cute he is. So I explain the rules of the challenge and we get started. 'Who's going first?'

'You. Ladies first.' I unlock my phone to a list of five questions.

'Okay, so when I was fourteen,' I hesitate before continuing, 'I had a seriously weird phase where I was a complete and utter lunatic.' I feel my cheeks burning and Joe sniggers, recalling the fourteen year-old me.

When I was fourteen, I was a serious troublemaker. I cut my hair into an edgy pixie bob and had blue, pink and purple running through the bleach blonde. I wore t-shirts which were messily cut crop tops and tinie-tiny shorts with these weird heels and spray painted my room with random crap. Oh wow, things I can look back on and cringe at. Joe hugs me and I realise I'm bright red, but I still continue the question.

'What was the worst thing I did at school and what happened to me?' Joe thinks for a minute and smirks. 'I know this one. I can remember that so well! You were in a music lesson and you got really annoyed with the music teacher and you smashed his electric guitar off the piano. You got excluded for two weeks. Your brothers were fuming, I think everyone was.' I slowly sink behind the bench and just lie on the floor. It was awful. However, I went back to school and behaved and got really good grades, I think it actually helped me get my A*'s at GCSE and A level. 'Ugh, my teenage life . . .'